MetCal Solder Iron Talon Question

I asked this question a year or so ago and no one seemed to have the answer. Thought I would try again.

Are the MetCal Talons intended to 'come apart' for repair? If so, how is it done? The one I own has an electrical intermittent in the vicinity where the flexible coax enters the talon handle. It seems like it should come apart but if so, there must be some trick to getting it apart. I should mention that the talon that I own( don't have part #) came with my Metcal MX500 station.

Anyone have any knowledge regarding this? thanks Jim

Reply to
Jim Flanagan

with my Metcal MX500 station.

I think that is the 'MX-TALON' replaced by the 'MX-PTZ' tweezers:

I suspect a broken wire in the area of the rotating strain relief. I also suspect your fastest, cheapest route is to send the tool to OK International for repair. They treated me right years ago when I had a broken station.

What's the worst thing they could say? snipped-for-privacy@okintl.com

--Winston

Reply to
Winston