merger

Digikey should merge with Amazon. It would be great to buy parts with one click, no POs, no invoices, 2-day Prime delivery.

--

John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc picosecond timing precision measurement

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com

Good idea. I order from Mouser because it is 1-day ground delivery. But I pay shipping and taxes and no one click.

You should suggest that idea to them. I would probably begin using Amazon because of convenience.

Reply to
John S

I have to pay taxes in either case so it's the same for me. But the cheap shipping often will arrive 1, max 2 days.

Reply to
hondgm

I don't know about Amazon.com but Amazon India has a horrible search system. It brings up everything even remotely associated with your search term. Sorting by relevance, price or category works with some items but well nigh impossible with some others. Their service, though, is the best in India, especially with Prime.

By comparison, eBay India and AliExpress both have superb search engines.

Reply to
Pimpom

I basically have that. Priority mail is $8.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Many times I've given up trying to buy something on Amazon because their search just can't bring it up. I expect it's the same search engine worldwide.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

If you put in the right keywords, the thing you want will come up soon. But all sorts of other stuff will be right behind it, probably to tempt impulse buyers.

Try toaster sump pump toblerone oscilloscope probe

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

The problem is that sometimes it's difficult to come up with keywords that are specific enough to eliminate most of the junk results found by their search engine.

Even when the desired item is at or near the top, you're as likely as not to find a lower price in 50th place below. Sorting by price gives priority to all sorts of irrelevant stuff.

Reply to
Pimpom

There's the same issue with google. Keywording is a particular skill. We try to load our web pages with words that users might try to describe a product or problem; that's a fun game. We also have to avoid some words; "delay generator" is used by a lot more amateur musicians than laser system designers.

Sure... too many choices.

lunatic fringe electronics

Mouser is Berkshire-Hathaway , who have amassed $100B in cash because they can't find any "value" investments.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred