Medical grade EMI filter in power strip or box?

Folks,

Got a situation where a device comes only with class A certs but we need class B. Needless to say, it is of course more than 6dB over the limits for conducted class B under 200kHz. I have a commercial EMI filter here that is made for that purpose. But after asking Corcom and Interpower it seems that such things are no longer made. Of course we can roll our own but the qties are so low that it would be much nicer to just buy. Does anyone know who still makes them?

The data are usually:

# 120V/15A or more. # 100uH or more each for line and neutral. # Maybe an X-cap. # No or very low pF Y-caps, and if so then UL60601 compliant. # IEC on the line side, NEMA ("wall outlet") on the output side. # Metal box, ideally with some rubber feet.

I have also asked Schaffner but no answer yet and I am not holding my breath.

Oh, and it does not have to cost less than $9.95 :-)

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

If the quantity is that low, check the surplus market for the older parts. Some lots of up to several hundered have been on Ebay lately and yo may find what you need.

Michael A. Terrell

My client can't sell used stuff :-)

Seriously, that's not possible in the medical device industry. That's how I ended up with the big transformers to pipe 230V through my lab. The company scrapped them out of their _own_ systems but it was not possible to re-use them on new systems which employed the very same transformer type.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

I wasn't talking about used. There are brokers and resellers of surplus, unused components.

Michael A. Terrell

Yes, but we need a steady supply and in medical it must have the proper paperwork. We'll roll our own now. As usual :-(

[...]