MCU control of I/P and open drain O/P with a GPIO

Diagram at the link below. EN is active high and Fault# is open drain outpu t that goes low to indicate the fault condition. Fault# is tied to EN for a uto shutdown in case of fault.

YpqwZU?feat=directlink

I have 2 devices in parallal operation and need to report the Fault conditi on to the MCU and also MCU activates the devices by controlling the EN pin.

I am short of GPIOs and only one is available (can try for the 2nd if it i s impossible with 1 GPIO). Is it possible with 1 GPIO to control EN of both the devices and also read the Fault# status of both the devices? No need t o identify which device was at fault. Both the devices switch ON or OFF tog ether.

MahenK

Reply to
mj