MC6566 Equivalent WITHOUT Hysteresis

I have a situation, somewhat like Klaus', where I need to (purposefully) use a comparator as a quasi-OpAmp.

An MCP6566 fits the bill as to speed, open-drain output, and low supply requirements.

What I need is an MCP6566 look-alike EXCEPT no hysteresis.

Suggestions? ...Jim Thompson

| 1962 |

I'm looking for work... see my website.

Thinking outside the box... producing elegant solutions.

AZV331 ?

Or if you want a real op-amp with totem pole output then the companion AZV831.

piglet

http://www.avg.com
Reply to
Piglet

I think this FAN156 is a closer match:

Reply to
bitrex

Nevermind, it's got internal hysteresis too! I don't see it on the diagram though...

Reply to
bitrex

Umm, why?

lunatic fringe electronics

A special application slew rate control. ...Jim Thompson

| 1962 |

I'm looking for work... see my website.

Thinking outside the box... producing elegant solutions.

MCP6566 is ~50ns part, 331's are in the 600ns and higher range. ...Jim Thompson

             I'm looking for work... see my website.

     Thinking outside the box... producing elegant solutions.

Making a slew-rate limiter? That's always fun.

lunatic fringe electronics

Jesus, Jim, you're an IC designer. Isn't there something like OshPark for ICs yet?

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

I could whip up a chip design in minutes... it'd just cost me probably $10K minimum just to run it thru MOSIS :-(

This is for a massive run of eight systems ;-) ...Jim Thompson

             I'm looking for work... see my website.

     Thinking outside the box... producing elegant solutions.

The KA139 ? No mention of Hysteresis. Open Collector, dual.

Martin Riddle

Wouldn't it be great if there were an IC proto service, even if it were super shitty (10um+ feature size?), that was as cheap as PCBs are*?

*For the same number of pixels being rendered, say. A 10x10 cm PCB is a typical cheap proto. An IC a few mm across might have as many pixels.

Tim

--
Seven Transistor Labs, LLC
Website: http://seventransistorlabs.com

The original comparator has like 3mV of hysteresis at 1.6 volts. Trying to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear anyway. Just use the "op amp" in inverting feedback configuration it'll probably work fine-ish.

Reply to
bitrex

Can't find it. Link? Isn't that a variant of the oldie 139/239/339? ...Jim Thompson

             I'm looking for work... see my website.

     Thinking outside the box... producing elegant solutions.

Don't we wish! ;-) ...Jim Thompson

             I'm looking for work... see my website.

     Thinking outside the box... producing elegant solutions.

But its a 5v part :(

Martin Riddle

Your link is much better than the one I found. It claimed the response time was 1.5us, yours says 80ns for 2mv overdrive. That's much better.

Your link also shows the supply goes from 5v to +/- 15v. The transfer function in Fig. 3 on page 5 shows the response around 0mv. This is quite interesting. Many comparators oscillate under these conditions. The KA319 might be exactly what JT is looking for. Nice catch.

Reply to
Steve Wilson

Strange numbering! Schematic somewhat resembles the LM311. ...Jim Thompson

             I'm looking for work... see my website.

     Thinking outside the box... producing elegant solutions.

My left middle finger is getting slower as I age ;)

Martin Riddle

Fairchild made some nice IC's. If you looking for 15v opamps in a SOT package Fairchild is the only one that has a few, as far as I can see.

Martin Riddle