chutsu

No.

The Z80 has nothing to program.

Some derivatives may have...

--
Bye bye
Reply to
555

That doesn't make, if you can't program the Z80 whats the point in having instruction sets for it? I think your wrong. I'm talking about the Zilog Z80?!

Reply to
chutsu

Usually the phrase "a programmer for" implies a tool for making some binary stick inside a *PROM chip. The Zilog Z80 has no such thing, hence the term "Z80 programmer" makes no sense. Typically you might store your Z80 program in a 27xx EEPROM, in which case it's an EEPROM programmer you need.

Unless, of course, you want a *person* capable of writing code for a Z80, in which case "making your own Z80 programmer" could be rather a lengthy process.

:)

--
Bye bye
Reply to

In plain english the Z80 is a processor that relies on external memory (extra electronic IC). So you can't program an Z80 but you can program the external memory.

The 27xxx EPROM or EEPROM is the external memory.

joe

Reply to
Joe G (Home)

1) Learn proper English 2) Stop asking about chips that are two decades obsolete.
Reply to
a7yvm109gf5d1

A. Grow up!

Reply to
Jon Slaughter

Fixing a pin ball machine?

D from BC British Columbia Canada.

Reply to
D from BC

Look at the mame program to see one of the most used Z80 emulators.

To make a programmer, you'd likely be better off buying one on ebay.

...or here:

I'm a Wizard!

Poof! You're a programmer!

Reply to
ChairmanOfTheBored

About two minutes for most of the guys here ...... to hear their wives complain about it. ;-)

How do I set a laser printer to stun?
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.