Magnet-Motor (Free electricity?)

This short video describes an Austrailian inventor discussing his magnet-motor household generator. The claim is that once started with a small battery, the device can basically generate free electricity. I recall that 24kWh/day was quoted in the video, but they may have meant 24kW. (30kVA)

Anyone care to comment...?

-mpm

Reply to
mpm

"magnet motors" and "gravity machines" have been around for ages. They are either people who have fooled themselves or people who are trying to fool you.

The thing I have always found funny is that nobody has ever made a "spring machine". Springs can fit a lot more power into the same size.

Reply to
MooseFET

The video to youtube went up this february. Between that time and now if the idea had any momentum it would have exploded and we'd all be talking about it. As it has disapeared - evidently it has been peer reviewed and found lacking.

I'd be scouring the Austrailian press for incidences of folks losing money on this.

--
Adrian C
Reply to

"tanstaafl", (R.A Heinlein)

George Herold

Reply to
ggherold

All he has to do is show me a working model, and allow me to test it, and I could get him $millions in funding within days.

--
Dirk

Dirk Bruere at NeoPax

Well, I'm ready to invest. I'll put this guy in touch with my Nigerian banker ASAP!

--
Paul Hovnanian	paul@hovnanian.com
Have gnu, will travel.

;)

Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Why bother with inventions. The Nigerian banker were ready to send me

2.5 millions. He gave me a Western Union account number with 500K for verification. I just need to insure the package with 300 dollars. Unfortunately, my wife wouldn't let me talk to the banker anymore. There goes my dream of 2.5 millions.
Reply to
linnix

I had the same idea in the early '70's, when I was about 12. And no one could offer a convincing argument as to why it might fail except the science teacher I had at the time. Mother Nature is a stingy bitch, and she gives nothing away free. Unfortunately I talked about it too much, and someone in a nearby city got a patent on the device in '76. Later, when I learned a little more about physics and magnets, even I could see that the idea was doomed from the start. But the guy in San Antonio TX still got a U.S. Patent on it. Don't remember the number or the name, and am not inclined to look it up. It's BS. Only a conceited 12-year-old could possibly tout such an idea as feasible. And even he would look like an idiot.

PS: The secret is, you surround a rotor containing three magnets with a housing containing four magnets, all equidistant from each other. That way, as the rotor begins to spin, there are always two magnets pulling or pushing forward and only one pulling/pushing backward. And yes, it is still bullshit, but there's a sucker born every minute, just like P.T. Barnum insisted.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Ah, but your revenge is that he spent $10k on a useless patent, and you didn't.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Ah, but your revenge is that he spent $10k on a useless patent, and you didn't.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

Reply to
Phil Hobbs

How about putting large wheels on the back of your car and little ones on the frond, so it's always going down hill?

--
Keith
Reply to

Hee hee. At least as good...

Thanks,

Dave

Reply to
Dave

And his revenge is a patent system that grants such ludicrous patents.

--
Dirk

Dirk Bruere at NeoPax

nd no one

ience

d she gives

nd someone in

learned a

as

a U.S.

t inclined to

ld possibly tout such

=BF=BDThat way,

shing

still

Reply to
mpm

hand-held DMMs crest factor.

Bye. Jasen

Reply to
Jasen Betts

Some university has one of these machines that spins for 5 days. I thought that was pretty impressive. Cant remember the uni, perhaps MIT?

Reply to
The Real Andy

They have even a patent in some countries, which explains the construction, so everyone can build their own motor and verify it. The inventors website:

The patent:

But looks like it doesn't work:

Frank Buss, fb@frank-buss.de
Frank Buss

If anyone claims to have a "free energy" device then all they have to do is show it producing excess energy *after* running it using some of the tapped off output - no external input.

--
Dirk

Dirk Bruere at NeoPax

And no consumable internal power source (eg. batteries).

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany