LTSpice Update Error

Trying to update my LTSpice I'm getting an error message that the update didn't complete.

Error message....

Error transferring file ".\\Changelog.txt"

Anyone know what's happening?

...Jim Thompson

Same story here. Here's what I just did. Go to the switchercad download site and download it again, after you hit accept for the agreement portion, it'll detect your previous installation, and prompt you to either overwrite, or update.

I went with the update option, which completed successfully. Also, the standard synch release feature now seems to work again after doing that.

Cheers, Chris

Reply to
c_bielek

Arp.... that's been happening. Don't know what's going on.....

Backup the stuff you have changed and download the latest version from the website. Install and restore what you have changed.....

SPAM ALERT

Obviously they need something from

for free. Could be a case study.

Shit company but they need customers... If you hunt about you will see the news.

Errr, I have no shares but I know lots of people who do.... wankers, and the 'new' management.

DNA

Reply to
Genome

Worked for me. (I selected "Update" during the install, which preserved my library changes.)

Thanks! James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

Jim, you have a version that took place for a short time which cannot update itself. There was a discussion about the details in the yahoo groups for LTSpice. The error you mention confirms that you have a version you need to replace ... and can't.

Mike provided this as a possible workaround (there are others): "In LTspice/SwitcherCAD III, go to Tools=>Control Panel=>Internet and check 'Don't verify checksums' and then use the menu command Tools=>Sync Release."

Jon

Reply to
Jonathan Kirwan

Thanks, Jon!

I did a complete re-install, and got around the issue.

...Jim Thompson

According to LTC, there are two solutions to this problem. One is the one you found, uninstall the old version and install a new version. The second solution is to disable the checking of checksums. IIRC, this is on the internet tab of the options dialog. This worked for me when I updated a couple of weeks ago. YMMV.

Marc

Reply to
Marc Guardiani

Had the same problem, went to the LT site and downloaded the newest release.

Martine Riddle