LTSpice multicore usage

Does anyone have experience in how effectively LTSpice leverages multicore processors? Is it also architecture/processor specific?

In the setup for a sim I can select how many cores I wish to devote to the simulation. I have a cheap Celeron netbook that I use when I'm out (the beater laptop) which has two cores (probably not the type of machine one should really be using, but it does okay on simple stuff ) but I often like to browse the web in the background and using both cores for the sim slows it to a crawl. Setting it to one seems to free things up.

I don't have like, actual numbers on the performance hit though so I'm just curious.

Reply to
bitrex