LTSpice

When I last did a fresh install of LTS in July of 2009, the executable I downloaded from Linear weighed in at 8.8Mb. Earlier today I downloaded the latest exe from what is now Analog.com (guess they took over Linear) and it's almost 42Mb. That's quite a tidy increase! Anyone know what reason(s) is/are behind this?

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Lots more parts in the libraries, for one. XVIIx64.exe is just 16M. The examples and library are a lot bigger.

lunatic fringe electronics
 Click to see the full signature

That was always my main issue with LT in the past: the very small model library.

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Am 17.12.2018 um 01:57 schrieb Cursitor Doom:

With a bit effort and help from Yahoo LTspice group I got every model I wanted.

Reply to
Leo Baumann

The ADI parts are a welcome addition, if maybe a bit rushed.

Everybody should supply LT Spice models and example circuits for their parts. I have never got Webench or Tina to work.

lunatic fringe electronics
 Click to see the full signature

You can also take others' spice models and/or make all sorts of your own libraries of parts.

Reply to
boB

I've also got all the spice models for LT that Jim (god bless him) sent me before he died. If anyone wants 'em, let me know.

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Reply to
AntonF

Jim used Pspice, hated LT Spice.

 Click to see the full signature

I'd like a set.

Thanks

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Check your inbox, Phil.

I'm off to bed now; getting late here now.

Bye all!

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Cursitor Doom

No doubt Phil will put it up on his site soonishly, then anyone can get it whenever they please.

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Put me on that list if you would.

Reply to
jurb6006

Should be in your inbox.

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Are these his website ones or some others?

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Dunno. I got them off him by email, which suggests they may be different from his site, but I can't be arsed to check.

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Right. I'd be interested then. The from address I can check if I know something's being sent. Thanks.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Er, yeesss.... Do you want it sent to the same address as last time, then?

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Cursitor Doom

I'm puzzled.