LT Spice annoyance

I like to have my schematic on the bottom of the screen and waveforms above. Once in a while, LT Spice elects to swap them. I can't tell why it does this, or how to make it stop.

Any ideas?

lunatic fringe electronics

You can float the windows and put them anywhere you like.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

http://electrooptical.net
https://hobbs-eo.com
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Sure, but they don't stay where I put them.

lunatic fringe electronics

Am 26.02.2018 um 17:39 schrieb John Larkin:

Hello John,

Make the window active which you want on the top of the screen.

Then click on "Window" in the menu-bar.

Window -> Tile Horizontally

Now this window is on the top and the other is on the bottom.

Best regards, Helmut

Reply to
Helmut Sennewald

Hey quick question while you're here if you don't mind!

Do any of the current versions of LTSpice leverage multiprocessing or multiple cores when running sims from the command line/shell for e.g. batch runs or Monte Carlo, or is still single-threaded except from the GUI?

I can't seem to find any current information about this online

Reply to
bitrex

Pretty sure it's multi-core for a few releases now.

Reply to
Clifford Heath

Ya when working on a schematic in the GUI editor and running the sim there it is. You can also run the sim without the GUI on a completed schematic file and have it spit results to a log file like you were executing SPICE on an old-timey UNIX mainframe. And I don't know if it leverages multiple cores per terminal-executed process instance in that situation, for some time I know it did not but that was several years ago.

I guess I could just look, I'm sure there's some Linux command or program to view per-core processor load but I'm not a *nix expert and don't know it off the top of my head, I should check that

Reply to
bitrex

Simulate -> Control panel -> SPICE -> max threads

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

http://electrooptical.net
https://hobbs-eo.com
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

The terminal doesn't have a menu!

Reply to
bitrex

Tear a strip off that Domino's menu under your chair and run it through your keypunch machine.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs