Low cost receiver/spectrum analyser?

Could you please advise a reasonable receiver or RF spectrum analyzer with the price below $10K ? It will be used for the basic EMC work as well as for WiFi/Zigbee deployment. The frequency range should be up to

5.8 GHz so to cover all ISM bands.

Vladimir Vassilevsky

A used HP8563E is good to 26 GHz and runs approx 10K. They will hold their value. There are also other similar analyzers in the same family that go to about 6GHz (IIRC) and I am sure would be considerably cheaper. If you decide to look at one of the lower frequency ones you may want to take a hard look at the "zero span" time sweep specs and make sure you get fast sweep times. These analyzers seem to have some that have good zero span sweep times and some that are not so good.

Reply to
brent

I'd recommend an Agilent 8595E, 9KHz to 6.5GHz. You can pick 'em up for

3.5 to 4K in the used market.
Reply to
JW

Try Spectran about 1600E

Regards

Reply to
LM

Any opinions of R&S vs. HP/Agilent on the used market?

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

Depending where you live, you can find retired HP and Tek employees that fix the old gear. I'm not sure R&S repairs would be as simple.

Reply to
miso

Dont forget that you also need a analyzer software and even more important: a EMC antenna!

I can recomend the "EMC bundle2" from aaronia (see

It offers all antennas and two analyzers to cover the full frequency range from 1Hz to 9,4GHz for about 5000 euros (incl. EMC analyzer software for PC).

Regards

Reply to
Zulu