loosses in solar cell

Guys,

I am trying to calculate the losses of a solar cell module. I think I sort of succeeded for the 1D case, i.e., when the width of the cell is larger than the length. For this case I have used a coupled of differential equations:

V'(x) = -rho*I(x) and I'(x) = j(V(x))

where:

- rho is the sheet resistance of the transparent electrode (=usually ITO, indium tin oxide)

- I(x) is the lateral current on the resistive electrode (ITO), in another words, the "sheet current" that flows to the "positive" electrode

- j(V(x) is the current density in the vertical direction which is delivery by the cell.

Based on the above, I have calculated the Efficiency(%) of the module as a function of cell width because in this case, the cell is basically a stripe, so 1D.

But now, I want to do the same calculations for a module that has rectangular cells, where width=length, and in this case, the ITO is surrounded by metal, so the carriers will not necessarily "travel" in one direction (1D), but can also move to the sides (2D). I think it's a vectorial problem, but it's getting really hard to set problem and to find the solution. Is somebody here working on this field (I am not an expert) an could help, make suggestion, or even indicate references? That would be very kind.

Thanks in advance!

AMN snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

Reply to
Alex ACME