Looking for good cheap (or free) analog circuit design & simulation software

There seem to be a lot of circuit design & simulation programs out there based on Spice that are cheap or free but most of them either have a very limited library, have extreme limits on the number of components that you can include in a circuit or they just plain suck.

Has anyone run across an analog simulation/design package that they are really happy with that doesn't cost an arm and a leg?

Reply to
bladevwv

LTSpice.

Cost: Zilch.

Download: from Linear Technology

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

LT-Spice is _GREAT_. And here's a nice start on an extended "library":

There's also a first-rate support forum, for LT-Spice, at

.

- Tom Gootee

-
Reply to
tomg

Hello "bladeww",

The corerct naming is LTspice. It's also sometimes named switcherCAD. Below are the direct links to the program and the user group. You can also try Google for even more links. Google: ltspice

I want to mention also that SPICE is a smulation tool. It does not design a circuit for you.

LTspice

Yahoo user goup

Best regards, Helmut

Reply to
Helmut Sennewald

Hello,

"Beige Bag" has also a good low priced package with extensive component database,

I do not have any relation with Beige Bag, I just use their software (for many years). A few times I needed support from them, and it was good support.

Best regards,

Wim PA3DJS

Reply to
Wimpie

Yup, even runs dandy in wine (under Linux/Unix), the native tool for Linux/Unix is gEDA. Just a google away.

--
 JosephKK
  --Schiller