Looking for a pin-compatible solid-state floppy drive replacement

I am looking for a device which can replace a floppy drive (3.5") with a solid-state memory and be pin-compatible so I can just plug it into the floppy ribbon cable and replace the floppy drive with the solid-state-based memory.

The reason for this is I have a logic analyzer with 2 floppy drives which hold the system code. These floppies are giving CRC errors now and I would like to replace once and for all the floppy drives with Flash or EPROM memory. The replacement must be pin compatible with the floppy drive at the ribbon cable interface of course. These are 720K, 3.5" drives. The logic analyzer is an HP 16500A. Size is not important.

Please reply to this newsgroup.

Thank you

Reply to
mmmmmmmm

I know you can get these with IDE and SCSI interfaces. If you want capacities similar to modern IDE and SCSI rotating-platter drives, they are out-of-sight expensive. They are usually used in lieu of rotating- platter hard drives in embedded applications where the hard drive can't stand the mechanical stress. An example is

.

You can get readers for SmartMedia cards that are the shape of a 3.5" disk. You plug the SmartMedia card into the reader, then put the reader into the 3.5" drive like a floppy. I don't know if these support 720K drives. The Delkin DDFLSPTH2AD is one such reader and there are probably many others.

Standard disclaimers apply; I don't get money from any of the companies mentioned.

Matt Roberds

Reply to
mroberds