Looking for a battery

Hi All,

I have a solder-in battery that I suspect may be Li-Ion. On one side it has

GSP 452540

420mAh 3.7v

and on the other side

452540/42 HKM-036

It is 3/16" thick x 1" wide x 1-1/2" long, one red wire, one black.

Any suggestions on where I can get a couple?

Searches have not turned up much other than possibly a Motorola V70 phone battery but it shows 4-connectors.

Thanks

Dave

Reply to
Dave, I can't do that

Try Batteries America. I _think_ their URL is

If that's the place I'm thinking of, they sell single cells.

--
Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

Two of the connectors on the phone battery are for a thermistor

David Eather

Thanks Tim and David,

I will have to take the actual battery out of the Motorola enclosure. Can I parallel these up for double the life? The unit it came out of has a piezo "speaker" glued to the battery and I can do without that. It and the silicone goop they used to hold it in are about the same size as another battery.

I assume the thermistor is there to shut it down if it gets too hot with the charger in and in-use. For my use, it is never turned on when charging. It is either in use, or on charge, never both.

Thanks so much for your help and knowledge.

Dave

Reply to
Dave, I can't do that

My understanding is that you can parallel lithium batteries - but I would try to find a bigger battery first.

Reply to
David Eather

OK, thanks David.

Dave

Reply to
Dave, I can't do that

Try this one. It seems to be almost an exact match.

David Eather

Thanks David,

Is there any way to tell if it is LiPo or Li-Ion?

Li-Po are downright scary given that it has to be installed into a device then glued for watertight. It is impossible to monitor the battery during charging.

Dave

Reply to
Dave, I can't do that

Huh? LiPo batteries exist and there is no reason to assume a LiPo battery has no charge monitoring. Ours do, in fact, though we're switching to LiIon.

Reply to
krw

ery has

n.

Dave

Reply to
Dave, I can't do that

ery has

n.

and here...

Dave

Reply to
Dave, I can't do that

Which has *nothing* to do with your silly statements. I don't blame you for being too embarrassed to quote yourself.

Reply to
krw