Logic circuits in LTSpice

Doing logic in the typical context of FPGAs and such is dead easy for the most part. Trying to make logic from gates is a PITA. I remember the days before HDL when we fought tooth and nail to keep using schematics. Lol, I wouldn't go back for love nor money now. Combine the inflexibility of gates with the LTspice GUI and you have a loose-loose situation.

What were you designing?

--

Rick C
Reply to

Age discrimination is real. Once I got much over 50 it was a lot harder to land a job. Even the job interviews were odd. I got a lot of looks as if, "why are you here"? I guess everyone expects older guys to be in management. I just don't like it. I prefer to be an engineer.

I don't worry with jobs anymore. I'm not the sort that needs to keep making money once I've gotten enough. I may work on one more project to see if I can launch a retail product. But those waters are full of monsters.

--

Rick C
Reply to

It's real but I've found it works both ways. One phone interview was "over" as soon as they figured out I was older than they first thought (not everything is on my resume). OTOH, the last two jobs I got were because I'd ben around the block a couple of times. I've never been asked (in an interview) why I wasn't in management. The interviewing managers knew. ;-)

Reply to
krw

I'm thinking that if I ever need to get another job, it would be for contract or with local companies that know me and my history.

I'm 62 so hopefully I never need another "job".

I haven't had to actually look since the 1980s. They always came to me for some reason.

Regarding reverb tanks, one of my first manufacturing/technician jobs included shimming the reverb tanks coils on each end. THAT, as well as driving the transducer with a bridge-amp and pickup with pre-set active EQ, made the reverb one of the best sounding on the market. This was inside a 6 channel TAPCO microphone mixer. ca 1974... Wonderful days indeed !

boB

Reply to
boB K7IQ

Heh heh, "Real America" and the usual corporate politics can suck it! I've spent just enough time in places like Columbia and SE Asia to know that living in the US (particularly under Herr Trump) sucks fat donkey dick.

My goal is to become "location independent" with my income and f*ck the hell off from this stupid-ass country. "Make America Great Again"? The f*ck was even great about it in the first place. I was born long after America was anything worth mentioning.

Peace out!

Reply to
bitrex

That is to say, continuing to live in America when you have the means to do otherwise means you are _literally_ a stupid person.

Reply to
bitrex

It's circuit to give a known heat pulse. Select time and current, Measure voltage, calculate Joules.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold