Littlefuse wrecks IXYS

Littlefuse takes over IXYS, trashes web links. Excuse me, IXYS make sophisticated high-voltage semiconductors, Littlefuse make fuses. Arrggh!

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

BTW, it's "Littelfuse". --

Reply to
krw

Will watch to see what happens. Sorry to hear that ! I thought that Littelfuse sorta knew what they were doing when buying other companies but young kids today, ya know...

I was quite surprised when I heard that Littelfuse owned them.

We used a hundred thousandor so of IXYS 250V FETs until just a couple of years or so ago. They worked very well. Finally got other 250V FETs for cheaper but they helped us in the beginning.

Littelfuse also makes decent MOVs but we couldn't use them because of a particular industray rating they didn't have.

I do like their PTC resettable fuses but I think they bought Raychem maybe to get that line ?

Reply to
boB

In my experience, some semiconductors are very fast expensive fuses

Brian

--
Brian
Reply to

snipped-for-privacy@notreal.com wrote in news:nt8die5av5kbd068m26setup70con0o3dq@

4ax.com:

You are littelerly stupid. As well as literally so.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

IXYS makes a self-protecting SSR that I have used as a fuse!

lunatic fringe electronics

Haha, that was IXYS doing the buying-up-companies thing, grabbing Clare.

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

IXYS also bought DEI, which was a family business. I know someone who used to wire-bond DEI transistors when she was a young girl.

lunatic fringe electronics

You're AlwaysWrong. Today is no exception. Nothing new here, though.

Reply to
krw

We were very happy with Ixys in 2011 because of a particular 250V D-Squared package FET they made for us. Not using it anymore though... Nice big die which we always prefer.

However, I had need for a 300V D-Squared, as low of RdsOn as possible. Just got some of those in and am happy with the size of die they use here too. RdsOn is something like 0.017 Ohms.

So far, no problem with the acuisition. Time will tell though if it keeps up or not.

Reply to
boB

And even " A select product portfolio from ON Semiconductor"

Don't see anything about Clare, maybe pre-1999.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

It was IXYS that bought Clare, a few years ago.

--
 Thanks,
    - Win