Little Linux program to get and set frequency offset for FE5680A Rubium frequency standard now on my site

Little Linux program to get and set frequency offset for FE5680A Rubidium frequency standard now on my site

It is version 0.1, so probably totally wrong. Did not have much testing yet.

The program has 2 modes, command line (set offset from script for example) and interactive.

The 'S' mode was not tested as I want my EEPROM to live long. As it is the same as the 'F' mode it shoot wurk.

If it kills your box YOU ran it.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Do you ever mess with GPSDOs? If so, check out Lady Heather.

Reply to
miso

On a sunny day (Sun, 02 Dec 2012 18:44:14 -0800) it happened miso wrote in :

Check out a real newsreader. And this is the last time I say that to you, else plonk. You constantly violate net rules by not quoting. If you cannot even fix that, what good can your other advice be?

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Then plonk me. This service I use insists I trim quoted text.

Reply to
miso

What "service" is that? So we can avoid them.

Personally I think you are FOS. ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

He uses Aioe.org which is a well known troll server.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I block aioe.org so, for some reason, I must "allow" Miso... maybe I need to revisit that decision >:-} ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

It's dealer's choice day, today. :)

I just flag that server so that anyone using it has 'AIOE' at the start of the subject line. I can ignore the trolls, but still see an unfamiliar name.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Aioe doesn't force one to remove *all* quoted text. I'm using it and it just works fine.

Jeroen Belleman

Reply to
Jeroen

Of course not. Miso is just being an ass, as usual.

Reply to
krw

Bullshit. You use aoie for usenet. Some intermediate common carrier is unlikely to care.

Reply to
josephkk

Post through the web? Lots of people think that the internet is "the web" but that's not correct. The web is just part of the internet. Usenet is another part. FTP, Instant Messaging, eMail, etc. are other parts.

And AIOE (that's usenet, not web) is concerned about the ratio of quoted material to new, not line length.

"Dressing out" the line length isn't going to fix the problem of too much quoted material and too little new.

Reply to
Falstaff