LED flashlights gone??

Gee, what happened to all those guys that were building LED flashlights in Altoids tins?, Watson et al?

They were a big presence here a year or so ago.

Perhaps they started their own group?

Curious in Connecticut.

Reply to
BFoelsch

They probably decided to just go to WalMart and buy one for a couple of bucks and move on in their lives. ;)

Reply to
Si Ballenger

In Connecticut,Mass,NH and RI you can find them for $1 at OSJL

maxfoo

Yes, I know where to get flashlights.

I was jusr curious about all the whereabouts of all the experimenters. They kept this group h>>

Reply to
BFoelsch

BFoelsch sez:

The Chinese influx.

--
John English
Reply to

Perhaps. But good, cheap, well built high intensity flashlights are still rare. I own one a 1.5W Aurora flashlight I bought a couple of years ago for $40. The best I've ever owned.

The latest ones look even better:

Dirk

http://www.onetribe.me.uk - The UK\'s only occult talk show
Presented by Dirk Bruere and Marc Power on ResonanceFM 104.4
http://www.resonancefm.com
Reply to
Dirk Bruere at NeoPax

Run off by the flames, mostly. Watson appears from time-to-time in s.e.b., methinks, and has a flashlight building blog out there somewhere in cyberspace.

Ahh, here it is:

Best wishes, James Arthur

Reply to
James Arthur

Hell, I'm still at it! Getting a Luxeon K2 emitter running from a tabaco tin is amazing - its a lot brighter than the cheapo ones.

There's not much room in a tin for batteries and an current source and the lamp though so run time is pretty limited.

Reply to
Brendan Gillatt

IMO the problem is designing a good case. The electronics seem simple these days.

--
Dirk

http://www.onetribe.me.uk - The UK\'s only occult talk show
Presented by Dirk Bruere and Marc Power on ResonanceFM 104.4
http://www.resonancefm.com
Reply to
Dirk Bruere at NeoPax

BFoelsch wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

IIRC,there's an online forum for LED flashlights. ...there are so many driver ICs to choose from these days.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Regards,

Boris Mohar

void _-void-_ in the obvious place

Boris Mohar

Maybe their dentists told them not to eat so many Altoids?

--
SCNR, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to