LED Christmas Lights -any good green ones out there?

I have three strings of LED Christmas lights from a company called Holiday Creations (holidaycreations.com) They sell Fiber Optic Design's Foreverbright line. Here is a summary of what I found:

Blue: Very high output -a true blue colour Red: Very Intense -a true red colour

Green- not a "true green" but rather more of a lime colour and probably about 1/4 the light output of the others maybe even less since the eye is even more sensitive to this range

The lamps only draw on 1/2 the a.c. cycle and this causes noticeable flicker. I placed a full-wave rectifier in front of the green set and it pretty well doubled the output and reduced the flicker considerable- but still not near the red or blue in brightness. This trick worked for red as well but not blue as 1/2 the string of blue was wired in reverse polarity so 1/2 did not light up.

Now I know true green and high intensity are out there since I have some as discretes and they were not any more expensive than blues so what gives?

Now I am wondering if anyone has come across a high intensity green set. I need the mini types not the pine cone or ball shaped lamp shapes. If you have some, please forward me the make and model.

More green please! (or is this so we can trash ours and upgrade in

2005!)

Peter

Reply to
(remove X from email when resp

Some but not all "Forever Bright" strings had true green LEDs a year ago. Try Brookstone. Some models that I saw in their online catalog last year even had purple LED bulbs. The "basic model" that I got at Walgreens last year has the dimmer, "olive green" "pea soup green" very yellowish green LEDs. Last year I also got a red-orange-yellow-green LED string of a different brand at Target, and its green LEDs were also the very yellowish green and dimmer than the other colors.

Also check out:

These are reviews by Craig Johnson, AKA "LED Museum" (main page

- Don Klipstein ( snipped-for-privacy@misty.com,

Don Klipstein