LED backlight versus CFL in laptops

While playing with the eeePC I realized that I had not felt the urge for a colour adjustment, strange as I am picky about colour, and did spend ages getting the colour close to acceptable on other LCDs.

Changing the brightness up or down did not seem to affect colour either, so I began to wonder if this thing had perhaps a LED backlight. I never had a laptop with LED backlight... so I looked up the specs of this little machine, and indeed LED!

I must say the difference is enormous, the LED backlight creates a much better colour display, almost like the old CRT but without its problems. Dunno how they did it, it is pretty evenly lighted too.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

colour

And it should last longer.

--
Dirk

Remote Viewing classes in London
Reply to
Dirk Bruere at NeoPax

ages

,

better colour

And use less power and run cooler and reduce weight since the battery can be made smaller.

shortT

Reply to
shortT

better colour

LEDs are the future of lighting. I recently bought a Chinese 3W LED flashlight. It is *incredibly* bright for its size. Cost me around $15

--
Dirk

Remote Viewing classes in London
Reply to
Dirk Bruere at NeoPax

better colour

Municipalities and larger transportation departments are watching LED roadway lighting for the crossover in obtaining desired lighting pattern versus total life costs. I have seen some of the testing.

Reply to
JosephKK