Least cost small quantity PCB manufacturers?

I've never seen it as bad as that, in 8 orders or so. Sometimes there are minor issues with mask registration, and as I said, their silkscreen resolution isn't that great, but over way over 100 boards I haven't had any issues.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

I should add that I've never ordered the super bargain basement 2-layer boards--all of mine are 4-layer. They probably run the hobby boards on their oldest and crappiest equipment.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant
ElectroOptical Innovations LLC

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

That is an excellent point, Phil. I should try a 4-layer test order when I get more time.

Reply to
DemonicTubes

I appreciate the report and photos. I was about to order some proto boards from them but I have changed my mind. We have been very happy with PCBCart for about 3 years now. The price is a bit higher but their quality is so much better. They also use dot matrix SS printing but it is difficult to tell without a microscope. The characters are .032 size and look perfect to the eye.

Sorry you had problems but, again, thanks for the input.

John S

Reply to
John S

What's the stroke line width on those designators?

I find 0.2mm is iffy with a lot of the cheaper guys.

Still better PCBs that some I've seen, and they have cute sales girls.

--sp

--
Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany

It's not "dot matrix", what you are seeing is the mesh in the silk screen aliasing the edges of the characters.

Higher end boards use LPI techniques.

0.8mm with 0.25mm stroke is good for silk screen.
--
Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany

? 2017?6?23???? UTC

+8??9:49:00?Robert Baer???

Now there is a new choosing for the cheapest PCB manufacture ALLPCB

For Standard 1-2layers PCB with 1-2 days, Only $5. Enjoy express service, but no express costs!! This is very helpful for electronic engineers to save time & money; And mostly important, the quality is very high. See detail in:

----------------------- Erin KOU (sales manager) E-mail & Skype: snipped-for-privacy@allpcb.com

Reply to
erin.kou