lead free solder again - Page 5

Re: lead free solder again

I've found that a can of warm Coca-Cola can really settle the stomach,
the morning after the night before, so to speak. ;-)

Cheers!
Rich

Re: lead free solder again

  Excellent--I'm in!

  James Arthur

(The advantage to hydrogenating fats is that it creates permanent
food-artifacts.  Invaluable if you want to pass baked-good heirlooms on
to your great-grandchildren, but really bad for arteries.)

Re: lead free solder again

Well, the actual facts are, it doesn't make all that much difference what
you eat - your body only keeps what it needs, or what it believes it needs.
And its only source of information, besides your skin, is from your brain.

If you want to prevent hardening of the arteries, look for hard-heartedness
in yourself.

If you're getting fat, look at how you're trying to feed your emotional
humger with physical food.

If you could get your mind to release its brain lock, and actually feel
into your actual physical self, you'll find the secret to health, which
is unique to each individual, by the way.

Good Luck!
Rich
For mor information, please feel free to visit http://www.godchannel.com

Re: lead free solder again

  Only keeps what it needs?  Absolutely wrong--that's about the
silliest superstition I've ever seen.  How does that theory explain
obesity?  How do people survive while in coma?  Not to denigrate love,
nurturing, and positive thinking, but your body is a physical thing,
and it needs certain physical materials, in reasonable proportions, to
maintain itself.

  There's a lot of myth, and many of the details are not yet fully
known, but the broad science is very clear: absent bad luck, what--and
how much--you eat are the most important factors determining how long
and how well you live.

  It's not rocket science.  If you get a lot of your calories from Coca
Cola, you'll either be malnourished from lack of the vitamins, fats,
protein, & minerals missing, or forced to over-eat other foods to get
these.  If you don't get them, your machinery suffers.  It's that easy.

  Simple measures can cut your heart risk in half, which is pretty good
considering it's by far the most popular cause of death.

  Regards,
  James Arthur

Re: lead free solder again

Feeding your emotional hunger with physical food. Trying desperately to
fill up that big gaping hole in your middle where your personality is
supposed to be, that sort of thing.

You've made exactly my point - remove your brain, and your body can
survive almost indefinitely, as long as you're fed and watered.

Yes, but your body's own chemistry is better at sorting out which is
which than your brain will ever be.

Your body is "a physical thing", yes, but it's not "a machine", made
of nuts and bolts and beams and struts, except conceptually. You, in
your body, are a living, feeling, breathing, being.

From the moment you're conceived, you know the difference between
Right and Wrong, but as soon as you're born "they" start teaching
you the opposite.

Yes, and you steadfastly refuse to learn any of them, apparently.

Prove it!

"Science?"

Pah! You reject any evidence that doesn't conform to your dogma. That's
the opposite of science. Isn't "science" supposed to be "the quest for
truth"?

Speaking of science, here's something you can actually test - you can
do the experiment in the comfort of your chair:
http://www.godchannel.com/runenergy.html

And rejection of the whole idea because it doesn't fit into your existing
dogma is very unscientific, indeed.

Are you man enough to actually do the experiment? Do you have the courage?
Or are you just going to be another cowardly minion, blindly following
your infallible ruler's dogma?

Good Luck!
Rich
--
For more information, please feel free to visit http://www.godchannel.com

Re: lead free solder again

Just reading all that lot was too much effort - so I poured another glass of
pop, turned up the telly and settled back into my armchair!

Re: lead free solder again

It figures.

Thanks anyway,
Rich
--
For more information, please feel free to visit http://www.godchannel.com

Re: lead free solder again

  And they also get very fat if overfed while in coma, even when
brain-dead, which conflicts with your premise.  And they get very sick
and suffer from deficiency diseases if not properly tended.  It makes a
difference what you're fed, even when you have *no* brain to have
emotions, or be confused about your body's actual needs.

  Yes, but you've got to throw the raw goods in the hopper, obviously.
Your body can't select and use things you haven't supplied.  It's very
easy to do--hardly critical at all--but you have to supply the basic
essentials.

  Gee, thanks for the vote of confidence.  I spent a few years studying
them, and make a modest effort to stay up-to-date.

  But, any affect I might show of diet on people's health you'll simply
blame on their attitude / emotional health / chakras, etc.  Or if a
food fails to support health, you'll say it doesn't fill people's
spiritual / emotional needs.  So it's pointless.

  Example: If the body only takes what it needs, how can people ever be
poisoned?  Not just by lead, or cadmium, but even a large dose of
salt--NaCl!  Even water!

  Lemme guess: These people's state-of-mind makes them vulnerable.

  So here's my best shot: Suppose you, Rich, fulfill all your emotional
needs, but eliminate all vitamin C from your diet.  Subsist on, say,
Crisco.  Then, three months from now, let's see how many teeth you have
left.
  (P.S. Please don't!  Generations of sailors proved the point long
ago.)

  Best,
  James Arthur

Re: lead free solder again

   What makes you think he has any teeth right now?

prove it.
Re: lead free solder again

  I've seen the pictures!

  Best,
  James

(Rich posted his grinning mug a ways back, and grinning for good
reason, as he was PhotoShopped in between a pair of sightly babes.)

Re: lead free solder again

   How do you know the teeth weren't photoshopped as well?

prove it.
Re: lead free solder again

For tile, the sell a solid tungsten carbide 1/4 inch diamond cut router
bit.  It walks right through normal clay based tile, such as is typically
seen in bathrooms (eg. 4 inch square clay bisque tile).  It would have a
problem with porcelain floor tile, as it is much harder, but it would still
cut it...slowly.  You have to let these bits cut at their own rate.  Forcing
them is a recipe for instant destruction of the bit.

-Chuck

Re: lead free solder again

So, essentially, you're saying that they used about as much science as
the EPA and their ilk to ramrod through all the antismokerist propaganda.

Thanks,
Rich

Re: lead free solder again

On Wed, 12 Jul 2006 18:35:22 GMT,

Do you actually believe that the failures will reach "epidemic
proportions"?

The way I see it, whisker growth only affects un-annealed, Sn-
electroplated Cu surfaces. Not solder joints. And don't forget the boost
the RoHS directive gives to solid state physics research.

robert

Re: lead free solder again

Hello Robert,

Don't know, I should have said "if". Problem is, the Eurocrat don't know
either. They seem to have just put up a new law and then hope and cross
their fingers. If they really care much, that is.

Well, when you see the experience reported by Swatch and others the
problem may be larger than we think. Reflowed SMT doesn't just consist
of solder joints.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com

Re: lead free solder again

   Sorry, the jury is out concerning "annealing"...

Re: lead free solder again

On Wed, 12 Jul 2006 19:45:26 +0200, Klaus Bahner

This is like saying George Bush does what the 'Merican public wants
him to do.

Re: lead free solder again

Is that not true then? He was elected for a 2nd period.

--
Thanks, Frank.
(remove 'q' and '.invalid' when replying by email)

Re: lead free solder again

On Wed, 12 Jul 2006 00:51:48 +0200, "Frank Bemelman"

[snippage]
[snippage]

Exactly, it is the fear of the unknown. I don't worry about the QC VPs
- that's a big company issue. I worry about the health of small
companies. This has the possibility of financially straining small
companies if they end up with a couple years worth of failed equipment
that's under warranty due to lead-free issues. With all the 0.5mm
pitch parts we're using now, you bet I'm fearful of the unknown issues
with lead-free in industrial equipment designed to last for >10 years.

---
Mark

Re: lead free solder again

I was just reading about exemptions and I saw an inference that 'process
control' equipment is exempt.

Ought to look into it further.

Graham

Site Timeline