LCD Monitor Connected to DSO

I forgot my digital scope has XGA video out. I have a 17" monitor not doing anything and so I tried it out. Cool! The picture is great and I might set this up permanently.. After years of staring at a little scope displays, what a change.

Anybody here have a LCD monitor/digital scope bench set up?

Reply to
D from BC

On a sunny day (Thu, 10 Dec 2009 01:28:11 -0800) it happened D from BC wrote in :

Many decennia ago, and this also touches on that Tek patent for input isolation that uses a modulated carrier via a transformer, I had a big Philips tube color TV. I also had their first video recorder, a tape recorder with 1/2 inch tape IIRC. As tube TVs in that time has no mains isolation, chassis always live, Philips provided a little box with that recorder, it consisted of a 38 MHz (or there about, basically TV IF) video modulator. The box went into the TV, connected to the IF via a relay IIRC, and provided it with a floating video + audio input. That was one thing, and predated the Tek patent by say, it was from 1968, Tek's applied 2002, makes 34 years YES THIRTY FOUR YEARS. But now the clue, as related to this. To display some waveforms on that big color TV screen (well 61 cm was big in that time), I designed a little circuit, it looks like this: ftp://panteltje.com/pub/TV_scope_img_1679.jpg What is does is create a dot on the TV screen that can be moved in X and Y direction. the 2 window comparators compare the H and V ramp against an X and Y DC voltage. The size of the dot is set by the width of the windows, so a square dot.

When you only use the V comparator, you would get a horizontal line displayed on the TV as set by the Vpos pot. If you put a *signal* on the Vpos pot, you would see the waveform as with a 64 uS timebase... So, if you tested signals that were related to the TV H sync, the display would be rock solid. I used BFY90 transistors to make fast window comparators, and you cloud easily see the spikes on the output of a TTL gate in a 500 kHz signal (is 32 x 15625 Hz). Beautiful, and if course that Philips IF modulator box provided the needed 100% isolation :-)

So, Tek people, here is your prior art, the Philips recorder was the LDL 1000. And here is my prior art to use it as a scope, think I could produce some witnesses who did see it in operation in my place. KIllall patent trolls kill kill kill kill kill kill kill

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

On Thu, 10 Dec 2009 15:52:27 GMT, Jan Panteltje wrote: olation :-)

Wha??? Patents are an investment opportunity!

LATEST TRENDS IN PRIVATE EQUITY: PATENT LITIGATION AS AN INVESTMENT OPPORTUNITY The real estate crisis has forced many investors to seek alternative investment options. One very hot investment area is Intellectual Property. While most VCs are very well familiar with how to use Intellectual Property, such as patent applications, to enhance value of their portfolio start-up companies, a growing number of fund managers are eyeing new possibilities, including bankrolling high stakes patent litigations against large technology companies. Patent litigation in the US has always been an extremely high stakes game, in which one third of the world market for products of any company may be taken away in a heartbeat by a single judge or twelve laymen jurors.

Faced with possibility of being literally shut down by an order of court, companies are willing to pay top dollar to settle patent infringement cases, as was Research in Motion paying whooping $612M to settle one such case. Thus, thoroughly thought out and competently executed patent litigation investment strategy can bring huge payoffs.

The presentation will provide an overview of patent litigation, discuss success and payoff statistics and, finally, address strategic considerations and various due diligence issues.

Dr. Pavel Pogodin, Partner, Sughrue Mion

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

On a sunny day (Thu, 10 Dec 2009 11:14:37 -0500) it happened Spehro Pefhany wrote in :

Usual no ethics sales drivel for investors, well exist are no ethics I guess.

But if we nuked that kind, how much more fun it would be not to have to waste your time with that stuff.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje