Kuwait So Hot Shrubs Spontaneously Combust - Page 2

Re: Kuwait So Hot Shrubs Spontaneously Combust

If you figure it out, let me know.  He's like a politician that continually deflects factual statements and instead promotes demonstrably false facts.

Re: Kuwait So Hot Shrubs Spontaneously Combust
nd avg:

You've been reading Anthony Watts' website again.

http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php/Anthony_Watts

Sucker.

the last few days", so according to you that dispels the global warming myt
h.  Why an engineer like yourself can't understand climate vs weather is in
credible.

The "climate expert's promises" are all listed on Anthony Watts' web-site,
and they aren't what climate experts said, but what reporters thought that
they had said - or calimed that they had said in order to concoct an end-of
-the-world head-line.

The ice-free arctic does seem to be coming - there's a lot less ice cover u
p there in summer than there used to be and the ice that remains is thinner
 than it used to be.

We've already had a couple of killer hurricanes, but they will always be on
 the tail of the distribution, and denialists do deny that the distribution
 of extreme weather events is moving, though there was a PNAS article point
ing out that the distribution had got wider.

Not exactly. A 1C rise in sea-surface temperature - which is what we've had
 in the last century - is 6% more water vapour in the air above the oceans.
 When it falls as snow, it's more likely to produce a record snowfall - an
example of extreme weather.

Since you clearly know very little about the current generation of climate
models, your opinion isn't that of any kind of engineer, but rather that of
 a head-in-the-sand ignoramus.

Julia Slingo's climate models are anything but absurd.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julia_Slingo

You don't get to be an Fellow of the UK Royal Society by publishing nonsens
e.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

Re: Kuwait So Hot Shrubs Spontaneously Combust

So the lack of weather stations is your excuse.  Got proof?  Or should I trust your word LOL

Proof?  You seem to be lacking that.

You are terribly confused.  What do you think, GW will cause it to stop snowing everywhere?  Rather what happens is the increased moisture in the air causes more precip when it occurs.  You really have trouble understanding mildly complex topics.

By the way, this is link that proves my point.  It's from a reputable source.  Learn how to use them:
https://pmm.nasa.gov/resources/faq/how-does-climate-change-affect-precipitation

Proof....nah, nevermind.  Of course you don't.  It's always easier to make it up as you go.

By the way, I heard about this cool invention.  They're magnets to go around your fuel line.  They improve gas mileage.  Don't ask me for proof they work, they just do.  I might be able to create or find a graph and upload to Dropbox if it helps.

Re: Kuwait So Hot Shrubs Spontaneously Combust

John Larkin is another one who it is pointless to argue with.  He has made
up his mind based on what "feels right" and doesn't care about anything
else.  He also works that way dismissing valid solutions to a problem
according to how they "feel".

Discussing any of this with him  is pretty pointless.

--

Rick C

Re: Kuwait So Hot Shrubs Spontaneously Combust

I've come to that realization, however I can't help but to want to find out what  ridiculous thing he says next.

It's a gift, really, to be able to continually fight blatant facts.

Re: Kuwait So Hot Shrubs Spontaneously Combust

A gift eh?  I'd return it for something more practical.  Still have the
receipt?

--

Rick C

Re: Kuwait So Hot Shrubs Spontaneously Combust

It's also our past. I personally saw a huge laurel bush go up in flames
(entirely unprovoked) during our hottest summer in the UK of 1976. Hasn't
happened since, so temps haven't reached that high again in the last 41
years. Sorry!

Re: Kuwait So Hot Shrubs Spontaneously Combust

This?
http://www.monrovia.com/plant-catalog/plants/2015/english-laurel/

You didn't see the plant catch fire. Some damned fool sprayed it with an overdose of pesticide containing petroleum distillate, and that's what caught fire. Mystery solved. You can come back down to Earth now.

Re: Kuwait So Hot Shrubs Spontaneously Combust

You may be right, but for sure no one sprayed it with anything. After all
these years I may have become confused with the fir tree directly behind
it. There must have been some inflammable organic vapour sweated out of
the bush by the unusually high temperatures we had that summer on that
very still day, because neither the laurel nor the fir were damaged. It
was all over in a flash (literally!) but was *very* spectacular - and
pretty damn scary - while it lasted.

Re: Kuwait So Hot Shrubs Spontaneously Combust

I won't say that is impossible.  There are volatile organic compounds in
firs that will burn easily.  Check out fat wood.  It is possible that it
occurred exactly as you describe.  Ignition is still an issue though.  Even
volatile hydrocarbons aren't so easy to ignite unless there is a flame or spark.

--

Rick C

Re: Kuwait So Hot Shrubs Spontaneously Combust

People will die long before the temperature reaches the combustion
point. So what?

Re: Kuwait So Hot Shrubs Spontaneously Combust

You believe everything the climate change self-enrichmenters put out?

http://news.kuwaittimes.net/website/62-degrees-centigrade-temperature-untrue-fake-news/

John

Re: Kuwait So Hot Shrubs Spontaneously Combust

Uh, you think the "self-enrichmenters" are posting to youtube as a means of
presenting their journal papers?  This is high science indeed!

--

Rick C

Re: Kuwait So Hot Shrubs Spontaneously Combust

The real lasting effect of AGW is the damage it has done to science.

--

John Larkin   Highland Technology, Inc   trk

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
Re: Kuwait So Hot Shrubs Spontaneously Combust
true-fake-news/

True, though the damage that is being done - quite deliberately - by the de
nialism industry, is just a follow-on from the tobacco-industry driven effo
rts to cast doubt on medical science. The tobacco industry found an anti-sc
ience tactic that worked - at least on the less educated (which does seem t
o include John Larkin) and it has been being exploited ever since.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Merchants_of_Doubt

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Republican_War_on_Science

John's ignorant assertions are a tribute to its success.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

Re: Kuwait So Hot Shrubs Spontaneously Combust

How?  Or don't you know?

Re: Kuwait So Hot Shrubs Spontaneously Combust

That Kuwait Times article has been exposed as fake news.

Re: Kuwait So Hot Shrubs Spontaneously Combust

And your link proving this unfounded (so far) assertion?

John

Re: Kuwait So Hot Shrubs Spontaneously Combust
On Mon, 7 Aug 2017 17:48:42 -0700 (PDT),

That "Fred Bloggs" alias has been exposed as a fake:
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Bloggs
   "'Joe Bloggs' and 'Fred Bloggs' are placeholder names
   commonly used in the United Kingdom, Australia and New Zealand,
   for teaching, programming, and other thinking and writing".

Re: Kuwait So Hot Shrubs Spontaneously Combust

Thanks.  I checked various online weather reports for Kuwait City.
The highest for July was 51C and Aug at 50C.
<https://weather.com/weather/monthly/l/KUXX0003:1:KU
<https://weather.com/weather/monthly/l/KUXX0003:1:KU
The highest predicted is 48C:
<https://weather.com/weather/tenday/l/KUXX0003:1:KU
51C (124F) is very hot but not hot enough to support spontaneous
combustion.

Kuwait did have the highest recorded temperature in the world last
year at 54C (129F):
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Highest_temperature_recorded_on_Earth

"Highest recorded temperature"
<http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/world-records/highest-recorded-temperature