Kid arrested for building a clock??

It's so sad to see this.

That policeman at 0:42 is an utter arse.

Reply to
JM

Nah, he was trouble making punk idiot who had the clock all in pieces held together with interconnecting wires, it was not enclosed at all. He wanted to draw attention to himself and he got it.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

Geesh Fred, I read this story elsewhere, and it just sounded sad. And when you were hacking circuits together at age 13 what did they look like... Heck even now mine tend to grow into rat's nests.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

Heck, when I was a kid we built actual bombs. We found a shopping bag full of shotgun shells in an empty house, and had pounds of black powder to play with all summer.

Kinda like you?

--

Rick
Reply to

Not at all. Shouldn't you be mental midgeting over non-commercial availability of e_plosives in Delaware or something...

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

If the cop had asked you what your bombs were for would you have had a good answer? lol

I like that the cop had to ask the kid was a clock is for and didn't get a satisfactory answer. Yeah, there was some stupidity in play here.

--

Rick
Reply to

On Wed, 16 Sep 2015 10:11:10 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com Gave us:

You're an idiot.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

On Wed, 16 Sep 2015 15:27:13 -0400, rickman Gave us:

My friends and I back in like '72 were out in the back field lighting off real cherry bombs and M-80's which were still around back then and still very real (they made them right across the river in northern KY)..

A cop ran up on us with his cruiser and we all bolted away as a group. Everyone ran between some houses, and turned left up the street. I turned right and started down, then reversed and start back toward the break between the houses we went though. When the cop popped out, he thought I was just a kid who happened to be on the street at the time and asked me where everyone in the group ran to. I pointed to the creek across the street between a couple other houses. A completely different direction than where they actually went.

I really enjoyed that entire series of "events".

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

I would have sacked the teacher. Anyone who cannot recognise that a chunk of electronics is not a bomb is not fit to teach. At least she could have asked someone knowledgeable first.

Reply to
Adrian Jansen

"X" rated is a no-no here "non-commercial availability of e_plosives in Delaware or something...".

Reply to
Robert Baer

On Thu, 17 Sep 2015 08:36:27 +1000, Adrian Jansen Gave us:

Good point. She or he is an idiot, and to skip getting another 'in-house' opinion first is another fail.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Didn't she take her concern to the principal? The teacher didn't call the cops.

--

Rick
Reply to

I blame, albeit it in small part, American TV drama in which time bombs invariably have a large, bright, clock-like display to show when the bomb will go off.

Sylvia.

Reply to
Sylvia Else

On Thu, 17 Sep 2015 19:14:22 +1000, Sylvia Else Gave us:

Yeah, right.. That should be enough to have fooled any teacher or principal. Throw in a 747 and a laser around 'the trigger'.

That says more about how stupid the folks hiring the teachers are. There are plenty of teachers around who are smart.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Grin, Thanks for that Sylvia. I had the same thought.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

On Thu, 17 Sep 2015 06:03:05 -0700 (PDT), George Herold Gave us:

If teachers and school admins are really that stupid, it is no wonder the nation is getting such low scores in the education arena. In fact, it makes what Malcolm X said quite true, except that it applies to us all, not just 'blacks'.

Especially since parents are not putting their kids in front of TVs nearly as much any more. A LOT less, in fact.

So the teaching generation are the idiots, because they would be the ones with the bent perceptions, and missing education enough to have what was once known as "common sense".

This, I believe. (famous movie line)(The Princess Bride)

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

I'd put a few dollars on this being a setup to get the response that they got.

Reply to
Deez Nuts

The bomb on Neighbors or was it Home and Away all those years ago had a LED countdown readout.

Reply to
Deez Nuts

Uh-huh-

Reply to