Jumper to replace Inductor

It's carrying the current through a linear regulator in a TSOP-5 package. So I think it will be ok, expecting 100 mA or less.

--

Rick C
Reply to

Would a 1505 package be any use?

until you see the price of course!

--
Mike Perkins
Video Solutions Ltd

I already checked and the only lower value is 1.5 uH. There might be a different part that fits the same pads, but the test point or 1206 jumper should do the job ok.

--

Rick C
Reply to

Yeah... I think I'll pass. I found 1005 parts too, but they are military and priced too high.

--

Rick C
Reply to

You might check the original inductor part range, to see if there isn't something with a low enough inductance that the linear reg doesn't object to.

If there was a snubber or catch diode position on the switcher layout, this could be an ideal location for local decoupling capacitance, if the linear reg does object.

Whatever decoupling was there for the 1V2 load will still be doing most of the work at the chip anyways.

RL

Reply to
legg

1% of zero is still zero, so its perfectly precise ?!?!?
Reply to
Adrian Jansen

Hmm, possibly a coil spring inductor from Coilcraft? Not sure how cheap they get, but size and inductance (lack thereof) should be right.

Tim

-- Seven Transistor Labs, LLC Electrical Engineering Consultation and Contract Design Website:

Tim Williams

But why would you pay a premium for a 1% 0-ohm resistor, over a 5%?

Reply to
krw

On Sat, 2 Jul 2016 12:28:00 +1000, Adrian Jansen Gave us:

You do not seem to understand resistors much.

It is rarely ever actually zero. Even the best conductor (Silver) has a known resistance for a known transition length. Therefore the accuracy will determine just how close to true zero it will be and in a batch quantity for circuit function repeatability.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

On Fri, 01 Jul 2016 22:57:48 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@attt.bizz Gave us:

Are you asking him, yourself, or the group?

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Only you would be stupid enough to even ask that question, AlwaysWrong.

Reply to
krw

You do not seem to understand the number zero much. Look at your IQ for a hint.

Then zero ohm resistors are a big lie. They cannot be had.

Reply to
John S

Very sophisticated bait and hook, Phil. Hats off to you.

Reply to
John S

On Sat, 2 Jul 2016 09:36:50 -0500, John S Gave us:

You do not seem to understand that there is no zero ohm passage short of a superconductor.

So ALL "zero ohm" resistors are NOT zero ohms. And the precision level is there to declare how closely matched entire batches of them will be.

You fail on the common sense element, yet you attack my IQ. You're brilliant, dipshit... NOT!

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

On Sat, 2 Jul 2016 09:36:50 -0500, John S Gave us:

DOH!

There was an inductor there, so the potential to burn open a thin film resistor is higher than if the guy puts down a test point to do the job of unifying the two nodes into one.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

On Sat, 2 Jul 2016 09:39:32 -0500, John S Gave us:

Sure took you in, IQ boy.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

(Note the smiley.)

I was teasing DLU1 gently about the idea of a precision zero ohm resistor. Other folks who lack even this slight amount of subtlety have got the baseball bats out by now, of course.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

What the hell does that mean? Are PCB board zero ohm devices made of some sort of superconductor?

To what? Zero? To the next one on the tape? To a 10K resistor? So, again, what is the precision level of zero?

What is the dB of 1? How about 23?

Attack? No, it is on display for everyone to see.

Reply to
John S

What is the difference in a duck?

Reply to