John Larkin Was That You on the News?

There was a brief clip of a John Larkin being interviewed as one of the passengers on one of the flights that was the object of a bomb scare. The interview was shown on the Saturday evening news. Was that you?

--- Joe

Reply to
Joe

Nope. There are a lot of John Larkins running around.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

one of the guys on comp.dsp has a list of guys with the same name as him :)

-Lasse

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

I get calls for the Greenpeace John Larkin, and the WWII vet John Larkin, all sorts of things. I'm sort of immune to a Google search.

I don't suppose that you (Lasse Langwadt Christensen) have my problem.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

he

:)

Depends on how you count, there are 391 Lasse Christensen in Denmark, but with the middle name it is unique

-Lasse

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

It seems like I've met an unusual number of Tims and Williamses in electronics specifically, but that's probably just confirmation bias.

Like "John", "Williams" is about as common as "Smith", so there's a lot of...us?

I haven't updated this in years, so half of these are probably duds;

Tim

--
Seven Transistor Labs
Electrical Engineering Consultation

Seems like I come from a long line of thieves, rebels, forgers, and poachers:

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Same with my Scot ancestry. Fled to Jamestown on the first boat, changed their name from McTavish to Thompson, settled in Culpeper, VA. When pursued by the Brits, fled up into the North Mountain region of what is now WV. Seneca Caverns, wired by my father and Uncle Wilmer, are still owned by relatives (French side of the family :-) ...Jim Thompson

My wife's Irish great-grandfather kept coming to the USA, getting into trouble (rumors of one murder), and getting kicked out. Every time he re-entered, he had to change the spelling of his name, so now it's really non-standard.

We have dark family rumors of some French blood, too.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Have a cousin, John Williams, who's also a musician... Needless to say, he uses his middle name instead. ;-)

Tim

--
Seven Transistor Labs
Electrical Engineering Consultation
Website: http://seventransistorlabs.com
Reply to
Tim Williams

...and pass up all that free press? ;-)

Reply to
krw

Juniors?

Jamie

Reply to
Maynard A. Philbrook Jr.

The small town that I grew up in had three Michael Terrells. One of the others went to the same school, and was two grades higher. He was always in getting into trouble, and I would get called to the principal's office. He would see me, sigh and say, Not you again, I wanted the other Michael Terrell! One of the two had the same middle initial, and used the same bank. They managed to put a large cash transfer from my savings, into my business checking account into his personal checking, then denied it. It took a threat of my calling the state bank examiner to come shut them down before they admitted their error. The manager was stunned that I knew not only his name, but his home address and unlisted phone number. :)

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell