Jim Thompson

I got picked on the same way - do I envy most those guys 20 years later? lol! They looked pretty good in their Daddy or Mummy's car. And a lot of them still drive their Daddy's car. Yeah, they had some fun at the time and got some punches in, big deal if it wasn't me it would've been someone else. In the life tests that really mattered tho most never made the cut. Can't help but feel sorry for 'em.

Reply to
bitrex

Habitually cranky isn't a good way to go through life. Particularly because women can spot a jaded man coming a mile off. Is that who they're going to pick to y'know with? can tell you it definitely isn't.

Reply to
bitrex

As an example I'd tell a young man who worked in electronics who asks what a good pick-up line is. You find the most attractive single woman in the bar and talk to her and when she asks you what you do you tell her like this. you say "I design electronics, and it's a great profession that I really enjoy. I don't think I'll ever stop or retire!"

and he says "I can't say that! She'll think I'm a nerd!" well son you might be surprised.

Reply to
bitrex

Whoops I replied to my own post but the wrong one. Anyway, Dad would have agreed. :)

Reply to
bitrex

Gee Bloggs, I don't have much interest in what you have to say, but I don't hate you, and I don't have any ill will towards you. That seems a bit evil.

Reply to
amdx

That's nonsense, things don't work that way in West Virginia. Anyone caught bullying a cripple would get his ass kicked by any number of people.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

Heh, ya ok.

Reply to
bitrex

sen

ng.

s...

ract

erred

o call that number

or

ors.

Don't you have to go watch a webcam of someplace.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

Err.... no, OT political posts show political concern, and response is just normal dialog, on political issues, in a public place.

Reply to
whit3rd

Not in this case. Jim stated it perfectly clearly in one of his (rare) more candid moments here.

Cursitor Doom

Pots and kettles aren't known to get along.

Reply to
bitrex

Just curious, why would they not tolerate bullying a "cripple" yet tolerate it of anyone else?

Rick C.

Reply to
gnuarm.deletethisbit

Same reason they wouldn't tolerate a male bully beating up on a female or a blind person or a quadriplegic. Must be an issue of victim being relatively defenseless.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

You're being a disabilitiaophobic here. Everyone is the same and entitled to be treated as such. Apparently.

Cursitor Doom

My point is the issue isn't "bullying", the issue is just who is being bullied. Seems rather backwards. Bullying is wrong and should not be tolerated any more than other anti-social behavior.

Rick C.

Reply to
gnuarm.deletethisbit

Well that's just it. Picking on people capable of defending themselves is not considered bullying, harassment maybe but not bullying.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

Not sure how you knew, but I check this one maybe twice a day.

But so what, your thinking still seems evil. Mikek btw, point that at the sky at about -100*, some evenings have a very colorful sunset.

Reply to
amdx

Actually it is. Not everyone wants to deal with aggression and will shy away. In other words, bullying is bullying regardless of handicaps or not. In my day bullying was tolerated. Today kids get in trouble for bullying anyone.

Rick C.

Reply to
gnuarm.deletethisbit

It might have started becoming a little less tolerated when I was in primary school in the 1980s and 1990s when kids started bringing Tec 9s to school in their backpacks.

There was plenty of just regular bullying though, the difference is that in the 1980s kids parents would sometimes join in the fight on the side of their kids, like one time I was in a scuffle with another neighborhood kid in the street and his father ran over my bike with his Jeep and jumped out threatening to kick the shit out of me etc.

A couple times I had to bash someone's Mom or Dad straight in the mouth in what to me seemed to me like straight self-defense when they jumped into a fight on their kid's side, it must suck to be like 45 and get drilled to the ground by a 12 year old but kinda asking for it really.

Reply to
bitrex

Not only was it tolerated but if you defended yourself, you were the one who was punished (second into the fight theory).

That's not new. A friend's father (a child psychologist, of course) got into the spat once and chased me around the neighborhood in his car (I was on a bicycle). I was laughing my ass off. My father wasn't laughing when he found out about it.

Reply to
krw