It was not Apple, but Sony who now uses Intel's optical light peak technology in a real product!

It was not Apple, but Sony who now uses Intel's optical light peak technology in a real product! In German:

Sony Vayo Z series: VPCZ21V9E, PCZ21M9E, and VPCZ21Q9E The connection of the docking station to the notebook is via a hight speed interface that is based on Intel's Light Peak. The data is transferred via an optical cable that is inserted in a special USB connector in the notebook.

Apple uses copper. Apple is dead anyways,

They are alianating their customers. Even if Jobs does not die this year, better sell your shares.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

in a real product!

interface that is based on Intel's Light Peak.

connector in the notebook.

Sounds goofy. A tenth of an inch either side of the optical parts, the signals are copper again!

For short runs, through connectors, optical coupling doesn't make much sense.

My wife is insanely attached to her Ipad. She hardly uses her desktop computer any more. Most people don't need a keyboard, a mouse, a box full of fans, a monitor, speakers, wall warts, and a tangle of wires and power strips, and a gigabyte of flakey, insecure OS. PC sales are down, Ipads are up. The Ipad suggests the future of computing, inside and out.

John

On a sunny day (Tue, 28 Jun 2011 10:45:13 -0700) it happened John Larkin wrote in :

in a real product!

interface that is based on Intel's Light Peak.

connector in the notebook.

As data rates increase optical is the way to go. I consider this some pioneering by Sony.

Audio optical has been around for ages. It creates nice galvanic isolation. When it is all done on one chip it beats copper interconnect any time. RFI is zero, a very important aspect too. Thinner simpler cables, no screening.

If you measure things by sales or even numbers like that you get in a very difficult realm. If Islam increases in membership that does not mean it is the next best thing. Only means some more people got brainwashed.

Jobs is a great sales person, he does that to many ignorant people. I have never bought an Apple product in my life as always I could get better for less money, and wrote my own video stuff. I did convert at least one Apple fan to PC.

Not for anything serious, I need a keyboard, and a lot of interfaces, many plug in cards, processing power, high performance graphics. Ipad is just a gadget. You should go look at what professional video companies do and need these days. And even for electronics, swcad on an ipad? Have fun.

I would not want to write a program on an ipad either.

Sorry about your Apple shares if you have them. Apple did not even have a new product this year. They do have a lot of competition from Android in that sector. And they are being sued left right and centre for patent violations. By very big players.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

in a real product!

interface that is based on Intel's Light Peak.

connector in the notebook.

Hmmm, it's all "Double Deutsch" ta me :_)

Reply to
Rheilly Phoull

ology in a real product!

ed interface that is based on Intel's Light Peak.

al USB connector in the notebook.

Actually ipad sales have declined, though much of this is due to crappy displays in the ipad2. The have a really bad light bleed issue.

it-heres-why/87197

Tablets in general have peaked. Everyone is going to big ass smart phones.

While we're Apple bashing, the Verizon iphone sales are down. There was the initial fanboi purchase, and that was that. Android is killing it. Hell, Android is killing everything.

-analyst-says/

Reply to
miso

technology in a real product!

speed interface that is based on Intel's Light Peak.

special USB connector in the notebook.

rn-it-heres-why/87197

own-analyst-says/

Open vs closed. And the cell phone malware is already here and growing. = I have already seen cell phone AV SW.

?-/

Reply to
josephkk