It's a Computer and an Air Cleaner

My computer loads up with dust and it's just another chore. Dust is all over the mb and jammed in all the heat sinks.

Then there's those living room air cleaning gizmos with a HEPA filter to remove crap in the air..

The computer is already cleaning crap from the air but it's dumping dust on the electronics. Why not combine the air cleaning gizmo with a PC? The PC can beep when the filter needs changing.

I look forward to the new Dell 3Ghz HEPA Heaven Fresh PC.. :)

D from BC

Reply to
D from BC

The way mine is ducted from the side I may simply tape a piece of disposable air filter over the opening.

...Jim Thompson

get the box off the floor.

Real Programmers Do things like this.
http://webpages.charter.net/jamie_5
Reply to
Jamie

I was inspired by your vacuuming tool post.. When the air filter clogs and the CPU overheats and BIOS reports overtemp and starts beeping...That's kinda like a change filter alarm.. :)

D from BC

Reply to
D from BC

Probably ;-)

My PC's are on a roll-out shelf at my feet, so I could see the condition of a filter. I'm thinking filters for the old "big-box" Tektronix scopes could be adapted to PC's.

...Jim Thompson

You might try a dryer fabric softening sheet, two birds and all that jazz. ;-)

Reply to
Anthony Fremont

Got one more:

It's a computer and a air freshener!!

Has anyone put a Stickup room deodorizer on the inside of a computer case? The cooling fans will spread the smell and give the room an outdoor fresh scent.. That or the smell of an hospital washroom.. :)

Practical joke too??.. :) D from BC

Reply to
D from BC