is the hendershot generator ad a scam? - Page 5

Re: is the hendershot generator ad a scam?
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com scribbled thus:

Another sucker...

Best Regards:
                     Baron.

Re: is the hendershot generator ad a scam?

Ya ya gotta exactly center the caps dead center in the special weave
coils, than run around the device exactly six times yelling ding, ding,
ding and away ya go, free power forever!

Re: is the hendershot generator ad a scam?

instead of guessing i purchased the plans 30 bucks if it works great if not i payed thru paypal and will get my money back either way i will know for sure and will post my results

Re: is the hendershot generator ad a scam?
It already worked.  They got your money.
I'll be very interested to hear the results of the experiments and the
results of the money back. Keep us posted.

Re: is the hendershot generator ad a scam?

The balance of opinion is that its a scam.  The electric power supply and
distribution industry has been around since the 1880s and if there was
any way of getting more energy out than the energy applied from any
configuration of coils and magnets, stationary or moving in any fashion,
they'd be using it already.

--
Ian Malcolm.   London, ENGLAND.  (NEWSGROUP REPLY PREFERRED)
Re: is the hendershot generator ad a scam?

Do let us know if you get your money back when it doesn't work.

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

yeh, pretty much like watching a magician and trying to get your money back
because it was tricks and not real magic

-Lasse

Re: is the hendershot generator ad a scam?

I'm kinda doubting it...

... if the plans are delivered in electronic form, they would be
considered "digital goods" or "intangible goods", and are not covered.

... if they're delivered in physical form, but are as described
(i.e. "Plans for a Hendershot generator"), then they would not be
covered.  Only if they are "Significantly Not as Described" (in
PayPal's estimation) would they be eligible for coverage.

I suspect that the original poster will be out $30 for the plans, plus
the cost of whatever materials are required to build a device which
just somehow doesn't quite get to the point of energy break-even no
matter how carefully it is tuned and adjusted... and will have to
write this off as the cost of education.

http://www.nmsr.org/denislee.htm makes for interesting reading.  It
doesn't involve the Hendershot generator, but another "free energy"
purveyor.

And, to cap it all off:  it appears that the book, parts list, and
schematic are all available for free download at

  http://www.hendershotgenerator.com/

and I strongly suspect that they're worth exactly the cost of the
download :-)

OT: Re: is the hendershot generator ad a scam?
On Fri, 2 Jan 2015 17:34:28 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@coop.radagast.org (Dave

That's not a new trick, it was a standard ploy by the alchemists with
methods like turning base metals into gold. Therecorded  recipes
include things like "distill with urine of a pregnant newt 40 times",
when it goes pear shaped the claim can be that the newt wasn't
properly pregnant, or you didn't count to 40 correctly. Those sorts of
letouts were important in those days because if you upset the wrong
client you'd lose your head.

Re: is the hendershot generator ad a scam?

The ad is perfectly genuine. It promises only that you donate money to
the perpetrator and get "plans" for the Hendershot generator. If you
can't get it to work then that is your problem - no refunds given.

You have bought the plans for one and not a working prototype!

I wonder how good their IP protection is to prevent you publishing the
scam online anonymously and scuppering the entire enterprise/scam?

Buy into LNER which is scam du jour if you want a much more convincing
scam that has taken in some big players who should know better.

On the plus side at least USPTO have in the last decade finally stopped
considering new patents on perpetual motion machines.

Martin Brown

Re: is the hendershot generator ad a scam?

I posted a spoof reply here in 2013, not expecting it to be taken
seriously.  Now I see it's been lifted, pretty much word for word and
made into a YouTube video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNIiJ7rm0g8

I claimed about 80% of the Planck voltage at 10 Amps.  That's about
8*10^27 Watts, so quite a useful amount.

So, should I sue the plagiarist for royalties?

Cheers
--
Syd

Re: is the hendershot generator ad a scam?

Interesting how they used text to speech to generate the audio track. Does
this make it more untraceable, or does whoever posted the video not speak
English, or speak it with an unsavoury accent?

Re: is the hendershot generator ad a scam?

I wondered if they used that to give some perception of scientific
credibility by association with Stephen Hawking.

Cheers
--
Syd

Re: is the hendershot generator ad a scam?

   Maybe they couldn't stop laughing long enough to get through the
script?

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.

Re: is the hendershot generator ad a scam?

  The ad is not a scam. You send them money, they'll send you the plans. Any address, residential or business- shouldn't matter. Extra postage for out-of-country delivery may apply though.

  Oh, you meant the device the plans describe? That doesn't work.

  Mark L. Fergerson

Re: is the hendershot generator ad a scam?

  Ta Da!

  There is at least one shady business that is working just fine though,
eh?

  I still remember when ebay had a lot of manuals for sale for an item and
some thought it was the item.

Re: is the hendershot generator ad a scam?

  What?  No "bead Condenser"?  No "Flux Capacitor"?

  Or is it that one Unobtainium part in there?

Re: is the hendershot generator ad a scam?

  Parts kits are nice, when available:

http://www.interocitor.us/

  Mark L. Fergerson

Re: is the hendershot generator ad a scam?
  I like the enticement.
  "Only a few intellects are capable of assembling it."
                    Mikek

---

Re: is the hendershot generator ad a scam?

I can think of a couple of OS newsgroups where that would
make a great sig.

Site Timeline