is the hendershot generator ad a scam?

Actually, that is a common joke at Sun and now Oracle. In 1998, when the state sold part of the original Agnews Insane Asylum to Sun Microsystems, which is now part of Oracle, getting deliveries to the old hospital was somewhat awkward. There were supposedly several re-enactments of the FBI pizza order story with similar results. The trick to getting pizza delivered was to not mention Agnews.

Disclosure: I did not work there and was told the story by a friend who did.

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com

Either that or he's stirring the pot to get the thing showing up in more web searches, to generate more sales for plans.

--
Tim Wescott
www.wescottdesign.com

Hi Syd,

Plans please !!

Cheers,

Martin

Reply to
martinkeet1

instead of guessing i purchased the plans 30 bucks if it works great if not i payed thru paypal and will get my money back either way i will know for sure and will post my results

Reply to
ibmort

It already worked. They got your money. I'll be very interested to hear the results of the experiments and the results of the money back. Keep us posted.

Reply to
mike

mike wrote in news:m865ka$d58$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

The balance of opinion is that its a scam. The electric power supply and distribution industry has been around since the 1880s and if there was any way of getting more energy out than the energy applied from any configuration of coils and magnets, stationary or moving in any fashion, they'd be using it already.

--
Ian Malcolm.   London, ENGLAND.  (NEWSGROUP REPLY PREFERRED)
[at]=@, [dash]=- & [dot]=. *Warning* HTML & >32K emails --> NUL

Do let us know if you get your money back when it doesn't work.

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

yeh, pretty much like watching a magician and trying to get your money back because it was tricks and not real magic

-Lasse

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

I'm kinda doubting it...

... if the plans are delivered in electronic form, they would be considered "digital goods" or "intangible goods", and are not covered.

... if they're delivered in physical form, but are as described (i.e. "Plans for a Hendershot generator"), then they would not be covered. Only if they are "Significantly Not as Described" (in PayPal's estimation) would they be eligible for coverage.

I suspect that the original poster will be out $30 for the plans, plus the cost of whatever materials are required to build a device which just somehow doesn't quite get to the point of energy break-even no matter how carefully it is tuned and adjusted... and will have to write this off as the cost of education.

makes for interesting reading. It doesn't involve the Hendershot generator, but another "free energy" purveyor.

And, to cap it all off: it appears that the book, parts list, and schematic are all available for free download at

and I strongly suspect that they're worth exactly the cost of the download :-)

Reply to
Dave Platt

The ad is not a scam. You send them money, they'll send you the plans. Any address, residential or business- shouldn't matter. Extra postage for out-of-country delivery may apply though.

Oh, you meant the device the plans describe? That doesn't work.

Mark L. Fergerson

Reply to
Alien8752

That's not a new trick, it was a standard ploy by the alchemists with methods like turning base metals into gold. Therecorded recipes include things like "distill with urine of a pregnant newt 40 times", when it goes pear shaped the claim can be that the newt wasn't properly pregnant, or you didn't count to 40 correctly. Those sorts of letouts were important in those days because if you upset the wrong client you'd lose your head.

Reply to
Bruce Varley

Ta Da!

There is at least one shady business that is working just fine though, eh?

I still remember when ebay had a lot of manuals for sale for an item and some thought it was the item.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

What? No "bead Condenser"? No "Flux Capacitor"?

Or is it that one Unobtainium part in there?

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Parts kits are nice, when available:

Mark L. Fergerson

Reply to
Alien8752

"But your advertisement said 'If not perfectly satisfactory, your money will be refunded in full'!"

"Your money is perfectly satisfactory and we shall be keeping it"

Quote... forget from where. :)

Reply to
Clifford Heath

I like the enticement. "Only a few intellects are capable of assembling it." Mikek

amdx

There are some impressively strange people around.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

I can think of a couple of OS newsgroups where that would make a great sig.

Reply to
mike

Excluding yourself, of course?

Reply to
John S

The ad is perfectly genuine. It promises only that you donate money to the perpetrator and get "plans" for the Hendershot generator. If you can't get it to work then that is your problem - no refunds given.

You have bought the plans for one and not a working prototype!

I wonder how good their IP protection is to prevent you publishing the scam online anonymously and scuppering the entire enterprise/scam?

Buy into LNER which is scam du jour if you want a much more convincing scam that has taken in some big players who should know better.

On the plus side at least USPTO have in the last decade finally stopped considering new patents on perpetual motion machines.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown