IRS Forms for B2B

I am working with a new assembly house and have been requested to submit to them a W-9 form. Oddly enough the form was already filled in with their info, even signed by them.

I don't think this is even the right form. Anyone know what the correct paperwork would be when two companies start doing business?

Rick C.

Tesla referral code -

gnuarm.deletethisbit

If you're paying them, they shouldn't need your W-9.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

Look at the K-1 and the various 1099 forms (1099-DIV, 1099-INT,

1099-MISC, 1099-B) for starters? If you are not careful on the K-1, you may wind up filling out a half a dozen forms related to Self-Employment and thus forced to pay (and lose) that money.
Reply to
Robert Baer

t to them a W-9 form. Oddly enough the form was already filled in with the ir info, even signed by them.

t paperwork would be when two companies start doing business?

Turns out they wanted a W-9 form because of internal bookkeeping. I am sup plying a few devices for a build which they deal with by generating a zero dollar PO. Even though it is zero dollars, bookkeeping wants a W-9 so they can report a non-payment for the PO. lol

Rick C.

Reply to
gnuarm.deletethisbit

Is it in your name personally (and your accounts), or the name of your company?

Tim

--
Seven Transistor Labs, LLC
 Click to see the full signature