IR data rate limit

What's the approx limit for systems that distribute data via IR in a room sized (10m x 10m) environment? transmitter power in the low watts

I assume that one way of calculating it is to assume the limiting problem is multiple paths. So if we assume a worst case of two bounces we end up with a wavelength of some 30m and a bandwidth of 10MHz. Plausible? Has one done it?

--
Dirk

http://www.onetribe.me.uk - The UK\'s only occult talk show
Presented by Dirk Bruere and Marc Power on ResonanceFM 104.4
http://www.resonancefm.com
Reply to
Dirk Bruere at NeoPax

Thirty meter wavalength is RF, not lght...

Reply to
Robert Baer

I was referring to pulse length representing a bit.

--
Dirk

http://www.onetribe.me.uk - The UK\'s only occult talk show
Presented by Dirk Bruere and Marc Power on ResonanceFM 104.4
http://www.resonancefm.com
Reply to
Dirk Bruere at NeoPax

Wouldn't it be better to first define the data rate you need?

Reply to
Brian

OK - 3 mb/s

-- Dirk