Ir comms

Hi,

What's the *least* data that I need to recover a (typical consumer) signal encoded using an infrared medium? I.e., I think all "remotes" just gate a fixed carrier (which may vary between manufacturers) to encode the data. If so, just storing the times of leading edges would allow a backend to reconsitute the signal (by preserving the carrier *and* the gating envelope).

Do, for example, any protocols vary the duty cycle of the carrier itself? (i.e., necessitating storing trailing edge times as well)

Reply to
Don Y

The RC-5 from philips uses edges like manchester encoding.

But there are many and most undocumented.

Martin Riddle

Thanks, a few folks sent a bunch of documentation to me via email. So, I'll just have to dig through it to see if my assumptions are valid.

Reply to
Don Y