Interesting way of looking at risng life expectancies

This week's Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences has an interesting article.

It's a way of looking at life expectancy that I haven't seen before.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

They must have missed the part about brain neurogenesis coming to a complete stop by the 10th decade of life. It may have something to do with 10 digits on the hands and feet dunno, but the coincidence should not be overlooked IMHO.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

Probably because the whole thrust of the paper was that there didn't seem to be any kinds of mechanisms that kicked during the tenth decade of life, or at any other stage defined by elapsed calender years.

The implication to me was that if the organism was better looked after, it lasted longer.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to