Interesting Telescoping ladder on Sale.

I saw this Telescoping ladder today (Ebay), never saw this ladder design before, $85.00. I went to Amazon for ratings, 4 out of 5 stars. $99 was the cheapest on Amazon.

For your amusement.

Mikek

Reply to
amdx

Interesting, but wonder how much "play" with all those slip-joints?

I'm not fond of heights.

When I lived in a house with an evap cooler on the roof, requiring regular maintenance, I nailed cleats at the roof edge that the ladder fit into to avoid "wandering" ;-) ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

it looks like climbing up dollar store luggage with retractable handles.

Reply to
Cydrome Leader

I had a "Flag" type antenna a few years ago, the cross bar was at

20 feet. I had a regular Rohn tower that I would install near the antenna base to do maintenance. Even though it is self supporting to much greater heights, I roped and guyed the tower to everything around. Still did what needed to be done and got down. I guess I don't like heights much myself. Here's the Flag style antenna.

Mikek

Reply to
amdx

Climbing to new heights? I used to have one of those telescoping ladders. It was free, so I guess I shouldn't complain. I don't recall the maker but I would give it about 3 out 5 stars. I sold it about 4 years ago. I would recommend an extension or A-shaped step ladder instead.

The problems I had were:

  1. It was rather heavy. Visualize the same collapsed volume in solid aluminum and you'll see the problem.
  2. When dirty, it would jam going down, and fail to lock when going up. Every time I had to extend or collapse the ladder, I had to wipe down the tubes. However, it worked well when clean.
  3. It was really easy to crunch a finger or hand in the mechanism when collapsing the tubing. There are safety gadgets that allegedly prevent this from happening, but I managed to slightly crunch a finger.
  4. It was a bit wobbly. Not too bad but enough to make me worry.
  5. The plastic feet did not grip the floor very well and looking like they might slide away from the wall.
--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to