interesting pricing

 Click to see the full signature

Not terribly surprising. A lot of "name brand" test leads and adapters are pretty expensive. This stuff really isn't rocket science, so anybody ought to be able to manufacture decent quality adapters, but of course, with no-name brands, you have no idea what you will actually get.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

But the Fluke has the nice plastic covering over the BNC That's gotta be worth the extra $38.27

--
Chisolm
Republic of Texas

The Fluke is CAT rated and the other 'Looks nice and has soild contacts" ;D

Martin Riddle

Those ridiculous Fluke plastic BNCs have been around since their first handheld scopes. I bought one at IBM, but it was such a piece of crap that I gave it away.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

40 bucks for 1000V (?) insulation, and a brand name, meh.

If you need the expensive one you can't substitute the cheap one.

Jasen Betts

John Larkin wrote

US $1.76 free shipping:

Add a piece of shrink tubing?

Reply to
<698839253X6D445TD

I'm sure the cheap ones are fine at 1KV or so. Just don't grab the metal bits.

Not many instruments have floating BNC connectors and accept kilovolt signals.

I recall that Tek used to sell a 3-foot RS232 jumper cable for $70, back when $70 would feed four people at a good restaurant.

I guess some people just want to cut a single PO, so they will load outrageously priced things onto an instrument order.

I think some people have a qualified part on some BOM and don't want to change it. So manufacturers replace a part with a new, competitive thing and multiply the price on the old part number. You can see that in a Digikey or Mouser search, essentially identical connectors or such with different part numbers and a 20:1 price spread.

I know one company that multiplies instrument prices by 3:1 as things get older.

lunatic fringe electronics
 Click to see the full signature

It says $2.39 shipping.

I'm sort of addicted to Amazon Prime one-click.

Yup.

lunatic fringe electronics
 Click to see the full signature

John Larkin wrote

is that your Precedent's effect??? In-calculated tariffs masked as shipping?

Never bought from them... Sometimes I search something with google and then mysteriously land on their site that then states 'not available'.

Reply to
<698839253X6D445TD

yeah if you don't have high voltage banana plugs, of if you butcher them then it'd work.

Jasen Betts

Someone borrowed my Fluke benchtop dvm. Rather than tracking it down and messing up their work, I went on Amazon and one-clicked a new one. Amazon has everything.