Inter-Drag-Net

Ladies and Gentlemen: the story you are about to hear is true. Only the na mes have been changed to protect the guilty.

Couple of years ago. Someone stole my computer and phone. From informer, we located the perpetrators in a black camero near a motel. Around 11pm, as i was talking to some police officers nearby, the camero zoom past us. One o f the police car chased after the camero and arrested the driver. Later on, they arrested the other perpetrator in the motel. Unfortunately, i never g ot back my properties, which were lost in police bureaucracy or co...

Can't really trust the police. So, i have been building tracking devices (h ence, the deep cycle battery charging thread) for the big fish who broke in to my house. Unfortunately, the big fish got away, since my devices were no t in the house. They were in my car. The little fish took them on Christmas Day, inside the Stratosphere parking structure. I have been monitoring my data server and sure enough. The little fish turned on my tracking device a nd i can locate him at the north west corner of his parent's house. From pictures, you can even see the stratosphere towe r in the back ground, ironically. Here is the general area where he live. Only zoom IN and OUT wo rks.

From my phone records, i also called all his friends to let him know what i know. Apparently, they just moved from Carmel, IN two months ago. I will g o get more info from public records and meet them in a few days. Question i s whether i should show up in guns or cameras. I don't think the little fis h is a professional, but i just want to scare him a little. Meanwhile, i want to setup a 24/7 real time internet video surveillance out side his house, in unmarked car. The rest of the story are here.

http://75.101.56.77/littlefish.html

Reply to
edward.ming.lee

On a sunny day (Mon, 28 Dec 2015 06:47:28 -0800 (PST)) it happened snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in :

http://75.101.56.77/littlefish.html

Why not put 100 gram C4 in it and detonate remote? Or is that illegal in the land of the free willies? It prevents the bad guy from ever doing it again, and also gives away his position with smoke signals.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

On a sunny day (Mon, 28 Dec 2015 15:09:04 GMT) it happened Jan Panteltje wrote in :

And protects your data too.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

On Mon, 28 Dec 2015 15:09:04 GMT, Jan Panteltje Gave us:

Just use a Polonium pellet.

Much more painful and prolonged death and gives the offender some time to ponder his errors.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

e na=

Oh, he will have enough time to ponder his crime. I have talked to his fri end and his friend's mom. They were busy texting until i disabled it. Aft er i confirm their identity, the data will be posted whatever i can. The k eyboard is mightier than the gun.

Reply to
edward.ming.lee

On Mon, 28 Dec 2015 07:41:05 -0800 (PST), snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com Gave us:

Painful, as-you-die pondering is far more effective.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

But seriously, with this surveillance business it's possible you went overboard and opened yourself to prosecution or lawsuits. Just tracking down stolen property is probably fine legally, but you apparently didn't stop there.

It's bad enough when your property gets stolen, why give the crooks a way to sue you afterwards?

Reply to
Aleksandar Kuktin

Will gladly face him in court. I just wish i have gone further. Right now, it needs to be activated by running an app, which he did. I wish it could be on at all time, as well as logging all voice and text messages.

Reply to
edward.ming.lee

I did a records search, the last two owners have been businesses. So I can't find who lives there. But it was fun sleuthing. Google street view only displayed odd number addresses, made it difficult for a bit. Is the Blue Toyota still there? Is that his bicycle in front of the house [:-) It was in May, 2015, maybe the ownership changed but the resident didn't. A mystery. Mikek

Reply to
amdx

I belive Ming is saying he bugged his own phone. I'm not sure that is illegal, but I'm not sure it is legal either. Certainly it would be

*very* hard for the bad guy to sue claiming an expectation of privacy while using a stolen phone. My worry would be possible criminal charges.
--

Rick
Reply to

The lead turns cold. Just a transient staying outside a vacant home. He was there last week, but probably moving on to other targets.

Reply to
edward.ming.lee