Intel Hex2Bin converter (and DIY 10kW EV battery charger)

I am doing some redesign work on a DIY 10 kW EV battery charger that uses an Arduino as its core processor, and I was able to extract the code in Hex format using an AVR Dragon. But I wanted to be able to read the text that is part of the code, used on the display, and I found it very difficult to find an application that does this adequately. I wound up importing the hex file into a Microchip project and then displaying the program memory, and then saving that to a text file.

So, I installed Delphi 4 on my Win8 machine and after a few hours of regaining familiarity with the language, I was able to make such a utility. Here is a screen shot:

And if you want to use the program, it is available for download:

For more background on this charger and the problems that have been encountered by customers who purchased and built the kit, and my efforts to troubleshoot and fix the thing, here are links to the discussions:

Enjoy!

Paul

Reply to
P E Schoen