In regard to Roy Moore

In regard to Roy Moore....

(1) This post presents a link to a political situation that I found amusing and/or distressing.

(2) I do not offer remedial reading instruction to help you cope.

(3) I will not read it to you... you're on your own.

(4) Bloviate to your heart's content... I will not see your BS... Your responses are automatically killfiled.

...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

Thank you for this honest statement of your mentality.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

"Hell hath no fury..." or as they might say in Texas: "Mess with the bull, you get the horns."

Reply to
bitrex

Sort of a discussion group with no discussion.

 Click to see the full signature

People do the same thing on social media, write some long diatribe and then add "ALL COMMENTS WILL BE DELETED" like you're the fan club and it's your job to read it

Reply to
bitrex

People are weird.

 Click to see the full signature

Spurts screwdriver over keyboard (it is too late for coffee :) )

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Social media seems like the place where anyone and everyone is trying to get their five minutes in doing their just-cause song and dance routine for the benefit of a bunch of other people doing theirs, but nobody is entirely clear what they're "fighting" for or what they'd do if they got it

Reply to
bitrex

Someone convinced me to get on Facebook once. I lasted about 3 days and bailed.

Yuk.

I don't have a smartphone either. My flip-phone makes calls and gets calls, that's all. I think six people know my number.

 Click to see the full signature

Sean Parker is a weird bird; there's some interview with him where he rambles about how compound interest is going to make him a trillionaire by the time he's 160 (which he'll live to because of life extension technology natch) and "If you're worried about wealth disparity now, wait until we're the true Gods among humans" kind of stuff.

Hard to tell if he was kidding, serious, or a bit of both

Reply to
bitrex

I don't worry about old billionaires like the Koch brothers so much, I mean yes they're evil but at least predictably evil. Who knows about these kid billionaires, they're friggin' nuts

Reply to
bitrex

OK, but that doesn't explain why you have a screwdriver in your mouth, loose tooth?

:^) George H.

Reply to
George Herold

I joined linked in. I tried to get out, but lost patience. I mostly ignore it. But sometimes I'll get a request from an old colleague or friend. And that's OK.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

Rum and orange juice. Nice drink.

lunatic fringe electronics
 Click to see the full signature

Curious; not here. It is vodka and orange juice.

Aside: never did understand why people pay for expensive vodka since its whole point is that it is ethanol and water with no flavour. Paying more for other liquors I can understand.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Missing front teeth (dangerous thing, skating on frozen ponds) would make it easier to hold/use a screwdriver in my mouth, plus a loose brain :)

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Jim-out-of-touch-with-reality-Thompson clearly hasn't got a proper grasp o f his place in the scheme of things.

1) What Jim find amusing or distressing in politics is only of interest in a far as it shows up Jim's psychopathology. He knows very little about poli tics, and most of what he think he knows is only interesting in as far as i t shows up what unsophisticated right-wing suckers have been manipulated i nto taking an interest in - if we wanted to know his thoughts on the subjec t we'd watch Fox News. 2) His capacity to offer remedial reading instruction on politics is zero - he doesn't know nearly enough to remedy his own defects, let alone anybody else's. 3) Of course he won't read any comments. He's kill-filed anybody who might disagree with him. 4) which means we can point out that he's unfortunately ignorant without ru nning any risk of hurting his feelings, not that there's much risk of that

- he glories in his ignorance, which is one minor edge he has over krw - kr w doesn't realise that there are facts that he might know if he could absor b new ones, while Jim is consciously parochial and narrow-minded.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

In college the chem grad students would bring the straight stuff to spike the punch. (I'm sure that's common everywhere.) You had to be careful of that punch... I hardly drink anything besides beer anymore. (alcohol wise) Well, red wine is nice with a 'robust' dinner. I wish I had an alcohol filter that I could switch on. Drink more beer, but not get drunk or ruin my liver.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

OTOH, I think the smartphone is the greatest invention since the HP35 (just upgraded to a Note-8). I get, maybe, a call a day but my wife and I text fairly regularly. I can ignore texts if I'm busy. It's mostly "milk and bread" or "I'm by checkout" sorts of messages, where a phone call might be unnecessarily intrusive. Text is much like email, in that regard.

Reply to
krw

A screwdriver was vodka and orange juice.

A search says that rum and orange is apparently called a "Cuban screw".

Reply to
krw