I was offline for weeks

Hi Guys, After Hurricane Michael I was offline for weeks, Have we heard anything from Jim Thompson?

Mikek

Reply to
amdx

Welcome back.

Nothing from Jim since July. His wife seems to have moved to Queen Creek AZ and his website has gone away, but there hasn't been any word about his status. Probably not good. :(

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

http://electrooptical.net
http://hobbs-eo.com
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Didn't they move there together about a year earlier?

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

No reply from Aaron either. I think the conclusion is inevitable.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Of course it's inevitable. We all die eventually. The question with Jim is whether it has happened yet. There's been no evidence either way for a whil e now.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

s whether it has happened yet. There's been no evidence either way for a wh ile now.

whoosh. Again.

Reply to
tabbypurr

Maybe we could craft a letter to send to his wife. Just saying that we've missed him, worry, and would like to know what happened.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

We know what happened. Jim died from pancreatic cancer and it's time to acknowledge the sad fact that he won't be coming back. Let's just accept it and move on.

Cursitor Doom

Very surprising that there was no obit. He deserved one. In fact he deserved a full page ad informing people that he was the designer of parts of many things they've owned.

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

I thought it was virtually impossible to avoid an obit. There is usually a "paper of record" for such things. Financial types use them to monitor debts.

Reply to
krw

Hi guys, I'm going to do a little deeper search for info. My plan is to call a neighbor. I would like to know his address or at least the city he lived in his wife's name, his age, Anything you feel is ok to post, please do, otherwise send it to my email, it is good.

I have tracked down out of state bounced checks for our business, with success, so hope I can do this. It's fun talking to the neighbors of people that bounce checks, the neighbors like to talk! Mikek

Reply to
amdx

I suggest you call his son-in-law. Last name is Coil and he's a prosecutor in Yuma, AZ. Easy enough to find. I don't feel like intruding on family member s myself, but son-in-law is removed enough.

--Spehro Pefhany

Reply to
speff

r in

ers

P.S. The above is all information previously publicly disclosed in sed.

Reply to
speff

I did some follow up and found, "Presiding Judge James F. Coil, elected to serve a term beginning January 1, 2018 and ending December 31, 2021" Yuma City Arizona.

Anyone recall Jim mentioning his Son-in-law becoming a judge?

Reply to
amdx

Back in a thread titled "OT Here comes da judge" Jim posted this on 8/28/13:

OT:

My son-in-law, Jim Coil, was just elected Presiding Judge of Yuma ;-)

In his 25 years as prosecutor, he put more people on death row than any other prosecutor in Arizona history >:-}

...Jim Thompson

--
Regards,
Carl Ijames

One of sad news early year.

Condolences to Jim's family.

Habib

Reply to
habib

Here (NY) there is no requirement for an obit. It's just a courtesy, paid for by the family. Mostly to let people know where/ when any funeral service will be.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

Yeah but Jim merited at least a short article in a local paper. Or EE Times.

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

Same in Poland. Frankly, I have never thought there can be any other way around.

Best regards, Piotr

Reply to
Piotr Wyderski

Many states in the US do not have a legal requirement to have an obituary p rinted in a local newspaper. However, state law will require that a death c ertificate be filed with the state's office of vital statistics. A deceased person's executor or a court-appointed administrator in the case of intestacy (i.e., someone dying without a will) will also need copies of the death certificate to transfer and retitle assets.

The attending physician or a health care facility (e.g., hospital, nursing home, hospice) usually takes care of requesting or preparing this document. Local laws govern notification in newspapers. Public notice of death is o ften used in probate to provide known creditors notice of the probate case by mail. Hence, out of compliance with state laws, almost all newspapers wi ll print a death notice (not the same as an obit) - usually just the person s name, town of residence, and date. Some states stipulate the number of d ays it is to be printed. In my state of PA, it is 3 days, IIRC.

The notification process includes publishing a notice in a local newspaper. The latter is intended to reach unknown creditors to give them an opportun ity to make a claim against the estate. BLUF: Obits are at the discretion of the family, notices required by state law are mandatory. (From a lawyer colleague of mine....) J

Reply to
three_jeeps