deck

n part

e was

night

p the

lbs

cked

o to help.

thropogenic global warming, and the one degree Centigrade warming we've had so far means that bigger areas of ocean get above 26 degree Centigrade and can contribute to more intense hurricanes.

mes, but the modelling suggests that it's much the same number of hurricane s with the average intensity at a higher level than it used to be.

d the people who dig up and sell the fossil carbon make much too much money out of the business to want to stop (even if anthropogenic climate change is eventually going to trash many of their other assets).

epublican Party (or at least the Tea Party faction) there's no particular m ystery about why Republicans are so slow on the uptake.

im. The winds storm is the least of his troubles as climate change is killi ng off all the fish he's stealing from the ocean on a regular basis. Florid a is a mismanaged abomination, and right now they're being hit with record toxic algae blooms that are killing everything, this due to mismanaged agri cultural runoff. The whole state has been ruined, man's presence there is a pestilence, and nature will crush them.

Maybe he could jump into a sink hole? GH

Reply to
George Herold

I meant for *you* to jump off.

lunatic fringe electronics

:

I finally

line.

the

ecause of

e water

buckets

ls so all

even worse.

18 years,

then deck

even part

wife was

one night

keep the

600 lbs

t locked

ld do to help.

e anthropogenic global warming, and the one degree Centigrade warming we've had so far means that bigger areas of ocean get above 26 degree Centigrade and can contribute to more intense hurricanes.

t times, but the modelling suggests that it's much the same number of hurri canes with the average intensity at a higher level than it used to be.

, and the people who dig up and sell the fossil carbon make much too much m oney out of the business to want to stop (even if anthropogenic climate cha nge is eventually going to trash many of their other assets).

he Republican Party (or at least the Tea Party faction) there's no particul ar mystery about why Republicans are so slow on the uptake.

ke him. The winds storm is the least of his troubles as climate change is k illing off all the fish he's stealing from the ocean on a regular basis.

shery.

This isn't the 1970s anymore. You know better than most about the corruptio n in that cesspool region. Here's one small reason why you don't want to eat anything from those Gulf waters.

bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

ly

of

ll

rse.

rs,

ck

art

as

ght

he

o help.

opogenic global warming, and the one degree Centigrade warming we've had so far means that bigger areas of ocean get above 26 degree Centigrade and ca n contribute to more intense hurricanes.

, but the modelling suggests that it's much the same number of hurricanes w ith the average intensity at a higher level than it used to be.

he people who dig up and sell the fossil carbon make much too much money ou t of the business to want to stop (even if anthropogenic climate change is eventually going to trash many of their other assets).

blican Party (or at least the Tea Party faction) there's no particular myst ery about why Republicans are so slow on the uptake.

According to Michael Mann the data is showing that every 0.5oC increase in warming increases the "destructiveness" of these hurricanes by 15%.

bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

The deadliest hurricane in US history was the great Galveston storm of

1900. The other really bad one was the east coast storm of 1938.

The eye of Betsy passed over me whan I was a teenager; that was dramatic, and we got off school for a few weeks. Camille a few years later was small but incredibly powerful; 900 mbar. Gulfport was nearly scraped off the planet. Half of Highway 90 was gone, so we drove on what was left.

Note the dates.

Mann is the hockey-stick fraudster, no?

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Plus one..

Dan

dcaster

Well where the hell did she go then?

mpm

Still in Bedrock eating bronto burgers, iirc. ;)

Cheers

Phil hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

http://electrooptical.net
http://hobbs-eo.com
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

My wife and I are fine, it's just so much work, cleaning up the yard, garage, removing tree branches and construction debris. Helping neighbors is also needed, I'm 63, I can get around and do some work, but their are some elderly that can't get much done. We ran into a fishing boat deckhand and his family (5 kids), my wife brought them over and put them to work two days, first day moving shrimp from our freezers. Today they helped remove debris and we disassembled the damaged sections of my wife's greenhouse, so I can get it rebuilt before the first frost, usually we cover it by Nov 15th. I don't quite understand that family's finances, but they were living in a motel and got kicked out because of damage, found someone to stay with, but I guess he's not working on a boat at this time, (it could be damaged), but, they are happy do have some paying work and I'm thrilled to have 200lb strong guy wielding my greenhouse parts around, things I just wouldn't be able to do. My wife cooked up a bunch of egg rolls and fried rice and they all chowed down and over ate. After they left, I took a bath and then a 2 hour nap, it was needed. Mikek

amdx

killing off all the fish he's stealing from the ocean on a regular basis.

You give me too much credit, I only buy the "stolen" product and resell it. But have I mentioned, you can Fuck off and die, asshole. Sincerely, Mikek

amdx

e:

o to help.

thropogenic global warming, and the one degree Centigrade warming we've had so far means that bigger areas of ocean get above 26 degree Centigrade and can contribute to more intense hurricanes.

mes, but the modelling suggests that it's much the same number of hurricane s with the average intensity at a higher level than it used to be.

d the people who dig up and sell the fossil carbon make much too much money out of the business to want to stop (even if anthropogenic climate change is eventually going to trash many of their other assets).

epublican Party (or at least the Tea Party faction) there's no particular m ystery about why Republicans are so slow on the uptake.

in warming increases the "destructiveness" of these hurricanes by 15%.

That had more to do with not getting the people out before the area flooded , rather than the intensity of the hurricane itself, which seems to have be en a category 4 storm. There have been 33 category 5 Atlantic hurricanes si nce 1851, which would be one every five years on average.

Oddly enough 2000 to 2009 had eight

Only category 3 when it made landfall, but it did hit unusually far north. The last bad hurricane to hit the area was in 1685, so people had been buil ding in vulnerable areas.

The problem wasn't so much it's intensity as that it was unexpected, and it killed people who had no idea how bad it was going to be.

The denialist propaganda machine wanted to paint Mann as fraudster and his hockey stick as an artefact of his methodology. Sadly for their hopes, abou t a dozen independent studies since Mann, looking a variety of different te mperature proxies, have confirmed that he and his colleagues got it more or less right.

This news doesn't show up on denialist web-sites, so John Larkin hasn't fou nd out about it yet.

Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to
bill.sloman

Your statement was "We lost power for 3 weeks in Wilma", which implies you are in a place named Wilma. If you had any communication skills at all, you would have said "We lost power for 3 weeks during Wilma"- but language mea ns nothing to you because no one pays any attention to anything you say any way.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

te:

lly

of

ts

all

worse.

ears,

eck

part

was

ight

the

ed

to help.

thropogenic global warming, and the one degree Centigrade warming we've had so far means that bigger areas of ocean get above 26 degree Centigrade and can contribute to more intense hurricanes.

mes, but the modelling suggests that it's much the same number of hurricane s with the average intensity at a higher level than it used to be.

d the people who dig up and sell the fossil carbon make much too much money out of the business to want to stop (even if anthropogenic climate change is eventually going to trash many of their other assets).

epublican Party (or at least the Tea Party faction) there's no particular m ystery about why Republicans are so slow on the uptake.

him. The winds storm is the least of his troubles as climate change is

If you weren't buying and reselling the stolen product, there wouldn't be a ny incentive to catch the shrimp in the first place, now would there, Sherl ock?

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

e:

nally

.

se of

ter

kets

o all

worse.

years,

[...]

You're missing the point about a little thing called statistics. The mean i ntensity and, most definitely, the frequency of storms is obviously increas ing. No one is saying anything about powerful hurricanes coming off the Gul f being a brand new phenomenon.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

"Keep reading for $1." No thanks.

Do you have a paid subscription to the Washington Post? Wouldn't surprise me a bit.

lunatic fringe electronics

What is "obviously increasing" is your fear and paranoia and obsession with disaster and death.

I'm obsessed with electronics; it's more fun and more profitable than prowling the web for things to fear. I can do things about electronics, and there's nothing that you (or Sloman) can do to change the climate.

Why waste the rest of your life cackling like a frightened old hen?

Design something. Post it here.

lunatic fringe electronics

And your job is designing electronics that pollute the world with rare metals and scars the earth as it is mined. At least my product feeds people. I don't know why you think shrimp is being depleted, every year our bay has a fresh crop, haven't seen any change in 18 years except for a new species that was somehow brought in, but they didn't seem to flourish and haven't seen any for a couple years. Anyway, Fuck off and die. Mikek

amdx

ly

t the office).

ry night on the BBQ grill every night! Plus, no air conditioning or hot wa ter in South Florida... (Well, the water is a little warm.. this is South Florida)

or slow restoration efforts. Some of their backhaul infrastructure took a beating in the storm. (And since AT&T is a company I love to hate - long s tory - it's disheartening to me that they didn't have too much damage. Onl y 150 cell sites down at the peak of the outage. - I think all but 10 or

12 are back up now?)

Are you talking about something different?

Rick C.

Reply to
gnuarm.deletethisbit

On Tuesday, October 23, 2018 at 2:40:56 PM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com w rote:

ally

at the office).

very night on the BBQ grill every night! Plus, no air conditioning or hot water in South Florida... (Well, the water is a little warm.. this is Sou th Florida)

for slow restoration efforts. Some of their backhaul infrastructure took a beating in the storm. (And since AT&T is a company I love to hate - long story - it's disheartening to me that they didn't have too much damage. O nly 150 cell sites down at the peak of the outage. - I think all but 10 o r 12 are back up now?)

I'm talking about Wilma, Florida. You can read about it here:

bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

ote:

r, I finally

online.

aid the

r because of

some water

put buckets

anels so all

re even worse.

ast 18 years,

nd then deck

ft, even part

my wife was

lbs one night

to keep the

st 600 lbs

that locked

could do to help.

the anthropogenic global warming, and the one degree Centigrade warming we 've had so far means that bigger areas of ocean get above 26 degree Centigr ade and can contribute to more intense hurricanes.

past times, but the modelling suggests that it's much the same number of hu rricanes with the average intensity at a higher level than it used to be.

can, and the people who dig up and sell the fossil carbon make much too muc h money out of the business to want to stop (even if anthropogenic climate change is eventually going to trash many of their other assets).

n the Republican Party (or at least the Tea Party faction) there's no parti cular mystery about why Republicans are so slow on the uptake.

like him. The winds storm is the least of his troubles as climate change i s killing off all the fish he's stealing from the ocean on a regular basis.

fishery.

tion in that cesspool region.

lf waters.

Same story: