I need a solution for really fast storage (GByte/sec)

continuous or burst

Reply to
no_one

Look here:

Guy Macon
Reply to
Guy Macon

Custom DVR (Digital Video Recorder). Look into security systems and Video sytems. I've heard of terabyte systems, DVD backup and the bus speeds your talking about (multi channel Fibre ).

here one 3.5T system @ 2Gbit

Martin Riddle

Does anyone have a solution to the following problem:

requirements:

1)A storage unit-system 2)with a data transfer rate of up to 5 GByte/sec (yes that is Giga) 3)Storage capacity of up to 20 TByte. 4)Preferably an off the shelf solution (though suggesting an architecture of eg. a specific raid controller would help)

it is not exactly an electronics question I know...

Thanks in advance guys.

ps. by the way do you have to be like an expert to set up a raid system (the only custom solution I've found up to now)

Reply to
Giorgos P.