I need a little help with designing a Circuit!

Hey I need a little help with designing/drawing a circuit. Can someone make me a sketch or help me with the solution?

Here is the my problem: I'm going to make a measurement system for a bridge (AC bridge circuit). The measure-elements in the bridge can be resistive, for example: a Pt-100-element for measuring temperature, or a strain gauge for measuring pressure or power, or it can capacitive so that it can measure air humidity. The bridge is going to be driven by AC, and shall be square-, triangle-, or sinus-shaped. The frequency on the AC shall be in the area from 400Hz - 1kHz. The reason for using AC is because we can reduce influence of the amplifiers DC-error. When the bridge is driven by AC-voltage, then of course the bridge's output signal will be AC. And this output signal must be demodulated. And the method I supposed use, is with Phase Sensitive Detection.

Task: =B7 Make an oscillator circuit to drive/operate the bridge. =B7 Make a necessary instrumentation amplifier by using op-amps. =B7 Make a phase shift circuit. =B7 Make a demodulator.

Terms: =B7 Assume that the bridge's output signal have amplitude =3D 2mV. =B7 The signal bandwidth is DC to 10Hz, -1dB with 10Hz. =B7 The measurement system shall be in the area 1.0V to 5.0V. =B7 The measurement system accuracy shall be =B10.5% of full scale. =B7 The measurement system resolution shall be 8 bits.

Component: =B7 Available supply voltage is +12V, -12V and +5V. =B7 Available op-amps are uA741, OPA27, OPA177. =B7 Available voltage reference is LM336. =B7 Available voltage comparator is LM311. =B7 Available analog switch is DG413DJ. =B7 Available DA-converters are DA0808, DAC0832.

Thanks in advance!

Reply to
vesleharry

Your professor. Let us know his email address, we will do the hard work and forward your posting to him, then pass his reply on to you. Sound good?

Reply to
zwsdotcom

Sno-o-o-o-ort!

Sounds good to me ;-)

...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

Yeee-hew, I haven't ever seen one so obviously copy-and-pasted as that one, wow!

Tim

Tim Williams

Sorry, we don't do other people's homework for them.

How in the f*ck are you ever going to learn anything?

Good Luck! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Sure, if he's offering $160.00/hour, each, for our work. ;-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

When I was in first year physics 500 years ago, my lecturer said "Take a look at the person on the left, and the person on the right. Get to know them now, because by next semester, they'll be gone". The OP is clearly one of the 2/3rds "goers".

(I cannot believe this, but there are kids in some of the classes I've taken recently who are taking these courses for the THIRD OR FOURTH time! How is this possible?!)

Reply to
zwsdotcom

Oh, no, this is pro bono. In fact, I would be willing to invest in a foreign-language dictionary for the OP's native language, if necessary, to communicate with this professor ;)

Reply to
zwsdotcom

No problem. Standard charge of $60 per hour will apply. Get back to me if you wish to continue.

--
Dirk

The Consensus:-
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Dirk Bruere at Neopax

You're way too cheap; even I charge more than that, and everyone is only too happy to tell me what scum I am.

Reply to
zwsdotcom

Hi Tim, You missed this Cut 'n Paste from CAE

quote I want to understand how exactly is an image(compiled c code and loaded into memory) stored in memory.

What exactly is a linker script?

I work with a lot of c code on a daily basis but I really don't understand :

How exactly the sections like "text,bss,data etc." work?

What exactly are they?

I believe the linker script describes this layout.

What exactly is a 'bundled image'?

What exactly is 'microcode'? What exactly is 'firmware'?

I admit I use these terms myself pretty often,but without much clarity.

Anyways any information or pointers(internet urls) in this regard would be very helpful.

If it helps,my work involves a lot of driver code in C on systems using MIPS processors.

Thanks a bunch.... /quote

martin

Reply to
martin griffith

Commendable. That generous spirit of 'giving' that is so rare these days.

However, I feel compelled to point out that the native language of the OP may not be understood by his or her professor. ;-)

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

Hello Lwein,

Sometimes I wonder what the next generation EEs is going to be like. Not being able to solder is one thing and that's already pretty bad, not doing their homework on their own is worse, I guess.

I got my degree in Germany. There you couldn't do that because of a three strikes rule. Twice was ok but only one course exam out of all of them could be taken three times. Fail that and they'd freeze you for good. And not just for that university but for all of them in that country. The only way out would be going outside country or starting all over in a different discipline. Going outside the country came with the added benefit of first having to learn yet another language.

Regards, Joerg

Joerg

I am sitting in classes with them right now. The outlook is not good.

Now, if I were to take them in to work with me and let them experience one or two days of paperwork, managing QA, UL submissions, and putting out fires, I think I could persuade all of them to change career paths and become chefs, jugglers, prostitutes, bank robbers, confidence tricksters, mimes, etc.

The teachers are not entirely absent of blame. My computer science lecturer the other day told me that there is no point to learning anything about analog, because everything these days is available in a monolithic chip. Of course, this rather neglects the minor issue of how your signals are to cross the great barren desert on the PCB between two such chips. What else to expect from a computer science guy? :)

I guess it's more commercial here. It's roughly $20,000 (average) per year to attend a private university. $5,000 per year to attend a city university, but I don't know if any of them are ABET. I wouldn't be there unless my employer was paying :)

The real question is, how it is even possible to fail these courses so many times? Merely leaning one's face on the textbook and sleeping on the page transfers enough knowledge to pass the exams. My dog could get a 3.5 GPA in these courses.

Reply to
zwsdotcom

Do you think these ne'er-do-well "students" will be able to hold a job?

What puzzles me is the lack of enthusiasm. When I was a student I couldn't get enough information. I was constantly scribbling ideas on to paper.

I regularly take on projects today where I don't have a clue, but I'll learn, and I often end up the expert ;-)

I LIKE electronics... it's FUN!

...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

Cultural. Engineering is not cool to teenagers. The US govt - or somebody - needs to address this issue. Putting up a few posters in school saying "science is for girls too" is not doing anything.

One doesn't become a good engineer without an attitude that "doing things is fun", particularly things that involve lots of intense and difficult work. A love of puzzles is a good quality too.

I work with a lot of engineers, practically all of whom are simply waiting for something - either next week's paycheck, retirement, or a new job. They cannot understand why I would be disheartened by a boring month of no design challenges - after all, my checks keep coming, don't they? I can see a lot more people like this coming down the pipeline...

Reply to
zwsdotcom

Like hell! I can't afford to do this for less than $250/hr + $100/per 8.5 by 11 inch page.

--
JosephKK
Reply to

It costs me approx $20k per year for me to live very comfortably. Now check out how much I have to work...

--
Dirk

The Consensus:-
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Dirk Bruere at Neopax

You MUST be single ;-)

Ian

Reply to
Ian Bell

Or lives in government-provided housing, or a slum, or both ;-)