I'm Grandfathered in, for now.

I checked on healthcare insurance near equivalent to what I have now. Family of four, no poor health conditions.

(Bronze Plan) A BlueOption Essential HSA 1419 $6250 Deductible Individual/$12,500 Family Annual Maximum Out-of Pocket $12,500 Price $1358 per month Gov subsidy $47 My Cost $1,311

(Silver Plan) Plan # 1409P $3,600 Deductible Individual/$7,200 Family Annual Maximum Out-of Pocket $7,200

Price $1617 per month Gov subsidy $47 My Cost $1,570

My Grandfathered Plan $10,000 Deductible Individual/$10,000 Family Annual Out-of-Pocket $10,000 Price $633 Gov Subsidy $000 My Cost $633

With all these plans once you hit your deductible all costs are paid by the insurance company.

A year ago May 2012 I was paying $438, been complaining loudly since it increased to $633. Obama has made me feel good about what I pay, compared to all the others having to buy Obamacare.

Ya, I don't have any pregnancy benefits, but at 54, I don't expect my wife to have anymore kids. Especially with me, snip/snip. I also have a $5,000,000 lifetime cap, not an unlimited burden on society.

Mikek

Reply to
amdx

Are you assured that you are grandfathered-in?

The rumor mill says you lose if your grandfathered plane doesn't meet all of Obama's requirements... i.e. you have to pay for pregnancy benefits whether you want them or not.

I got the "sports conversion" 40 years ago, and my wife is past menopause, yet I won't be surprised if Obama doesn't force my Medicare supplemental plan to cover birth control and maternity benefits.

The only good that will come of this is that so many Democrat politicians will lose their ass in the 2014 mid-terms. ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

You know I can't be sure of anything, Obama can wave his pen and make new rules at will. MY agent said I am grandfathered in. For Now! Mikek

Reply to
amdx

One can only hope!

Reply to
tm

amdx > You know I can't be sure of anything, andx > Obama can wave his pen and make new amdx > rules at will. MY agent said I am amdx > grandfathered in. For Now! Mikek To be a bit technical about it, the legal code says that new rules may be "promulgated" at any time by Sebelius. Perhaps that gives el presidente the ability to maintain plausible deniability.

Reply to
Greegor

Since your plan isn't "conforming", are you going to have to pay the Obamascare tax?

Reply to
krw

I haven't heard that, I have insurance so I doubt I'll have to pay the tax. Been doing a little googleing, It seems the $5,000,000 lifetime cap is not allowed. So I bet (I'll check tomorrow.) they changed it to unlimited. Here's a bit of info.

Mikek Mikek

Reply to
amdx

If your plan is grandfathered you don't have to pay the opt-out penalty.

Lifetime caps are no longer allowed even for grandfathered plans, which is part of why your rates jumped last(?) year.

They're phasing the caps out illegally, over a longer period than the law specified, to spread the "rate shock" out over time. (I'm not sure where they are in the process right now.)

Obama has also relaxed the out-of-pocket caps this first year ( violating his own law) for the same purpose, deception--it's expensive, it drives up rates, and they don't want you to see those rate hikes until after the 2014 election.

(This provision won't affect you, not as long as you can cling to your grandfathered status.)

Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

Yeah, the way Romney was going to win the last election. haha

Reply to
Gib Bogle

society.

Except they won't. Way too many voters like my daughter (minimally employed) that benefit to get rid of them so easily. Though i admit that the sticker shock may disenchant a lot of them.

?-/

Plus according to this:

there is nothing available for her. No more than 30K/year income, single, king county.

?-(((

Reply to
josephkk

On Thursday, October 31, 2013 6:13:12 PM UTC-4, Jim Thompson wrote: Your complaints should be directed at the exorbitant cost of health care an d pharmaceuticals and not the government regulations. PPACA has killed the insurance industry ripoff, healthcare and big pharma are next, so you bette r believe they are going to manipulate the ignorant into thinking this is t he worst of the worst.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred
[...]

We'd wish, but ... read up on the topic "ineptocracy" :-(

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

Bloggs, Once upon a time I thought you to be a good engineer, but I now see that you're simply a brain-washed leftist. ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

Welcome to the new government-run health "system". I lucked out as well, we kept our grandfathered plan and it has not death-spiraled. Yet. Obamacare would have meant a whopping 50% rate increase for us.

I met a lot of healthy people who have already made up their mind. They came to the rather simple realization that paying a 1% penalty or 2.5% for 2015 is less than >10%. That alone could cause Obamacare to implode.

[...]
--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

Our present crop of college students and recent grads, and their attitude of shouting down any free speech they don't want to hear, are sufficient reason to dispose of state-funded universities... and "low information" voters.

The only way taxpayer funding should be involved is _perhaps_ for scholarships... recipient qualification to be determined by examination only... no "equal opportunity" BS. ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

Never going to happen under this administration. For many obvious reasons.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

You can always hope that Obamacare has seriously wounded the Democrats. ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

Cling to your insurance like you cling to your bibles and guns.

Reply to
krw

You're now ahead of Slowman for extraordinary exhibition of asininity

...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

and pharmaceuticals and not the government regulations. PPACA has killed th e insurance industry ripoff, healthcare and big pharma are next, so you bet ter believe they are going to manipulate the ignorant into thinking this is the worst of the worst.

Demcare doesn't fix the insurance company's measly profit, and it doesn't reduce the overhead.

"It is amazing that people who think we cannot afford to pay for doctors, h ospitals, and medication somehow think that we can afford to pay for doctor s, hospitals, medication and a government bureaucracy to administer it." -- Sowell

Reply to
dagmargoodboat