I don't know why this TV does not mention 120Hz

Hi, I want to buy a TV. The following seems a good bargin. I find other similar TV mention 120Hz. I don't know why this one has no such parameter. Could you explain it for me? This one is a out of date model? Thanks.

........... The LC-46D64U slim-line design brings entertainment to life in full HD

1080p. Featuring a 25% reduction in depth, 10,000:1 Dynamic Contrast Ratio with Enhanced Picture Contrast Technology, 3 HDMI inputs and 4ms response time. The LC-46D64U is a must have for any home.

Features:

Costco extends manufacture warranty to 2 years Returns accepted within 90 days from date of purchase Screen Size 46" Class (45 63/64" Diagonal) Aspect Ratio 16:9 Resolution: 1920 x 1080 Contrast Ratio: 2,000:1, 10,000:1 (dynamic) Brightness: 450cd/m2 Response Time: 4ms (with Fine Motion on) Viewing Angle: 176=BA H x 176=BA V HDTV Compatibility: 1080p Tuner: NTSC/ATSC/QAM Slim-line Design Table Stand Included Dimensions (WxHxD): 43-23/64" x 29-59/64" x 12-13/16" (w/ stand),

43-23/64" x 27-31/64" x 3-3/4" (w/ out stand) Weight: 66.1 lbs (w/ stand), 54 (w/ out stand)
Reply to
fl

Most likely the refresh rate of the screen..

I would venture to say that most out there are fast enough, where it's not even worth mentioning.

Most likely just a scheme to make you think it has something important over others.

"

Reply to
Jamie

120 Hz is the screen refresh rate. The normal refresh rate is 60 Hz. !20 Hz gives you less bluring in scenes with fast movement, such as sporting events. If the Brochure does not mention 120Hz refresh rate, then the product not have it. The bluring of fast action is not a problem with plasma sets.
Reply to
jd_lark

Paul Hovnanian	paul@hovnanian.com
Have gnu, will travel.
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

Oh, so that is the 120 Hz snake oil. Having a faster vertical rate than the speed of the incoming signal cannot help with fast motion, other than to make it seem jerkier by painting the same image twice every time.

Reply to
JosephKK

No, they don't paint the same image twice. Remember, MPEG encoding includes a lot of information about motion in the scene, and the

120-Hz televisions use that to interpolate the motion in the time domain. It really does help reduce the visibility of motion artifacts.

-- Dave Tweed

Reply to
David Tweed

The only problem i see with that claim is that it will take far more processing power than is available in the newest gamer extreme type PC. Adding about UD$ 4000 to the sales price, and they do not cost that much these days.

Reply to
JosephKK