I am the type of American they want to go away...

"I am the type of American they want to go away.

I get along with cops, soldiers, preppers and country boys -- the sort of guys who know how to shoot, know how to take care of themselves and would watch your back in a fight if it came to that. I don't much like the government, but I do like small town government better than government in D.C. If someone has to be in charge, better the sort of guy you can run into at the grocery store who will give you an answer when you want to know why the potholes on your street haven't been fixed. D.C.'s different. I know the Democrats there hate me because I'm a straight, white, Christian, Southern conservative and the people that run the Republican Party today would only care what I think if I had hundreds of thousands of dollars to give them. That's why if I can make trouble for either group, I'm game.

There are always people in D.C. who think they have a better idea of what to do with my life and my money than I do. I don't need any "help" from the government and I'm not okay with the government using my money to help people who should be helping themselves. When I want to give to charity, tithe to my church or buy Christmas gifts for a poor family, I do it. We may all have to pool our money to pay for street signs, the police and the military, but I don't see any reason my money should go to people on welfare for years, the families of anchor babies or scammers doing Crossfit right before the government hands them a disability check for their "intolerable" pain. Go work for a living like the rest of us.

I believe there are only two genders and they shouldn't be sharing a bathroom. Like all good Southern boys, I was raised to be a gentleman. I'm not okay with bosses who demand that women sleep with them to keep a job or Hollywood weirdos who ask actresses to watch them in the shower, but that doesn't mean every woman is telling the truth. Go listen to Hillary Clinton for a while and tell me that we can always trust women to tell the truth.

I was raised to say "yes, sir" and "no ma'am" and I do, whether I'm talking to a CEO or an 18 year old kid making my sandwich at Subway. It's too bad that we live in a society where basic respect for other human beings has been tossed in the garbage. NFL players disrespect the flag of the country that made them rich. Pampered Hollywood stars lecture us about guns while they're protected by armed security. Liberals in the mainstream media lie to our faces on a daily basis and think we're stupid enough to believe they don't have a bias. Politicians who work for us tell us we're what's going wrong with America. We live in a society where the normal people who make America work put up with disrespect on a daily basis while we're told that common sense is "triggering" for college students going to $40,000 a year schools. If those of us who work for a living have to listen to Lena Dunham, Barack Obama and Colin Kaepernick bloviate on, then Berkeley can endure a conservative speaking on campus once in a while.

I like church-going people. I like the NRA. I like the sort of parent who won't tolerate her kid acting like a brat in public, the sort of person who flies a flag on his porch, works two jobs, owns his own business or who just takes responsibility for himself and his family. I don't much care for people who are lazy, dependent on the government or who want others to do what they should be doing for themselves. Unfortunately, we live in a country where the government takes the first group for granted and uses it like a piggybank for the second group.

That's not good, but it might be tolerable if our government at least did the basics well. But, is our border secure? Are we balancing the budget? Are politicians being responsible with our money? Do we have great public schools? How good of a job are they doing with healthcare? Are they protecting Social Security and Medicare for future generations? Are we taking care of our soldiers at the VA? Is the government staying out of our business?

We live in a country run by politicians and bureaucrats who can't do anything right and yet they think the solution to that problem is to give them even more power over our lives. You feel the same way I do? Then you're one of the Americans the elites in D.C. want to go away."

...Jim Thompson

We have let political correctness stop our enforcing consequences
for bad behavior... we will pay dearly for this stupidity.

"This is one of the most common types of delusions, centering around a person?s fixed, false belief that others aim to obstruct, harm, or kill him/her.

See paranoid delusion for more information about this kind of delusion.

Example: A man believes he is the focus of a 'vast, right-wing conspiracy' which results in his being spied upon and plotted against."

Reply to
bitrex

That is to say (to the article's author): oh honey. It's precious that you believe the billionaires who run America even think about you in the slightest. I wouldn't count on it. You don't exist

Reply to
bitrex

Nurse! He's remembered how to turn the computer on again!

Clive
Reply to
Clive Arthur

I'm sure "they" want you to go away, that much is true, but not for those reasons.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

"This is one of the most common types of delusions, centering around a person?s fixed, false belief that others aim to obstruct, harm, or kill him/her. "

I saw no such thing in that post. What I saw was a guy who is sick of being forced to pay for a bunch of freeloaders. I hate to be one but I really am disabled physically. These people who get it for depression should be shot , but unfortunately the usually end up doing the mass shootings. People hav e told me to tell SS that I am depressed, but I am not really, given the ci rcumstances of not being able to work. I want no question of my sanity, esp ecially with my slightly offbeat views on things. I also don't want them to have an excuse to f*ck with my gun rights.

M eyesight is so bad I am barely able to cook for myself. I used to be able to build you a house except for the roofing and cement work. Now I can't r ead a ruler. I have screwed up electronics equipment due to mistakes becaus e I can't see well enough to get the plugs right. It takes me three times a s long to read anything because of the floaters in my eye(s).

Because of my physical condition now with damaged kidneys and liver I have very poor balance, to the point where I have trouble looking both way cross ing the street. Letting a license (or not) and driving a car ? Forget it, I shouldn't even ride a bicycle. My strength os gone, I carried a Pioneer re ceiver down to the basement and just barely made it. I checked online and i t only weighs 38 lbs. That weight, I used to be able to carry all over the place hanging by my pinky finger.

My dexterity is not what it once was, and coupled with my eyesight I can ba rely cut up veggies for a salad or whatever. I get a fluid buildup that nee ds to be drained by paracententesis(sp) every so often. I am on two diureti cs and take a total of ten pills a day, though I shunned drugs in the past . I wouldn't even take aspirin, and actually still don't.

I get muscle twinges in my legs, and cramps in my legs, arms, hands and fee t. That has been abated somewhat by quinine in tonic water, but not complet ely.

How the hell do you get more physically disabled than that ?

And, as far as conspiracy theories go, define conspirracy. We have a cooper ation of government and industry to get rich by taking what is ours, and th ey do it systematically.

I that is not a conspiracy I don't know what the f*ck is.

I saw nothing wrong with Jim's post. I see true conservative views. If not a racist and homophobe he is just fine and there should be more like him to keep those ultrasickening libberals out of our hair. (government that is)

The republican politicians of today are not conservative. Attacking Serbia for cadmium, "liberating" South Sudan for gold, and a bunch of South Americ an countries as well as the middle east for oil to the tune of a half trill ion a year is NOT conservative. They are neo-con-artists. only the few rich with connections enjoy the spoils of wars, the deaths of some of our fines t. Of ourse some of them join because they have no other future, but they a re still putting their ass on the line, usually for what they think is righ t And they are getting f***ed right up the ass.

I think there is something wrong with people who do not - for the most part - agree with Jim. (even though I think he has me killfiled and considers m e a bigot because I am not an Israel firster) The only thing I see wrong is his support for a land stealing regime.

Reply to
jurb6006

I don't believe the majority of people who receive government assistance are freeloaders. I believe the majority do so because they have no other choice and would prefer to have much different lives than the ones they do, if they could, but the task is nearly insurmountable. Not impossible, but extremely difficult. Certainly more difficult than going to work 40 hours a week. I see many types of people carrying many types of crosses.

I would certainly love to meet one of these supposed freeloaders who live such happy and extravagant lives off $800/mo or whatever SSDI or SNAP benefits pays out most places in the country, because that person is a financial genius, not a freeloader. I've met people who one might call "freeloaders", and on average I pity them. On average they lead lives far too desperate and pitiable to arouse any emotion resembling hatred.

Reply to
bitrex

I wouldn't mind if you went away.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

..

And if "they" look at me funny, I know how threaten them with an AK-47 (the terrorist's favourite). With luck I won't fumble the assault weapon and kill them or an uninvolved passerby.

Yup, you're the type of Merkin I want to go away back to their burrow.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

You first. ...Jim Thompson

     It's what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.

A touching story about "Real America" where the obesity rate in say 92% white West Virginia is pushing 40% - y'know, from working so hard unlike everyone else.

Reply to
bitrex

I'm looking at you funny, what are you going to do about it? That's what I thought, NOTHING because you are all talk and no show. A phoney. A wuss.

--

Rick C

on the centerline of totality since 1998
Reply to
rickman

Nope, most southern people are raised this way. I've heard the same tone before, and it's just the south. You, would not last a second down there.

Martin Riddle

Martin Riddle wrote on 12/11/2017 11:12 PM:

No, he's right. There are plenty of southerners who have delusions about the world just like some northerners. It's an issue of delusions which are not geographically tied. The majority of people in both regions don't buy into a Reader's Digest picture of the world. Or would this be more of a Hallmark channel view of the world?

--

Rick C

on the centerline of totality since 1998
Reply to
rickman

Yes. That's how I was raised.

Not just the South... middle-America, southern Ohio, Indiana, the Southwest... in other words, any state without a blue label.

(And even some pockets of Long Island and upstate New York ;-)

Yep. For bitrex we'd roll out our special white dinner dress "bon-fire" welcoming celebration >:-}